MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - RobWilson - 09-10-2015

(09-10-2015, 04:05 PM)krv3000 Wrote: sum nice tools ther rob lol at sum one aving a go at your spelling its 10 times beter than mine will have to pop thruw and have a catch up Thumbsup

Cheers Bob  Big Grin  , 

aye mate there is always some sad old blokes with nothing better to do than pull folk for there spelling ,funny thing with trolls is there workmanship is generally poor ,substandard ,ruff ,all talk and no action ,it  must be an inferiority thing they suffer from . Generally speaking.

Happy days 

Rob

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 09-10-2015

(09-09-2015, 05:54 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Nice books Robert.  Its quite amazing that they found you given that someone covered up your address with a black marker pen Big Grin

Considering that the USPS was involved, what is more amazing is that they even made it to the right continent. My house is 3 blocks from the post office and 50% of my mail can't find it's way here for some odd reason. I have a theory of why that is, but I can't post it in public.   Bash

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Mayhem - 09-18-2015

There is a second hand machinery / tooling dealer not far from where I live, who never seems to be open whenever I call past.  Today I finished work early and managed to take a look at what he has.  In among the "treasures" there are drills, reamers, tool holders, chucks and measuring equipment.  

I spotted a Starrett S-828H centre finder set, which he was asking $25 for, which followed me home.

[attachment=11835]
[attachment=11836]

I've got some leave coming up soon, so I will go back and have a poke through the drills and reamers.  I have some stuff that he may be willing to trade for, so I will see what happens.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 09-18-2015

I've seen those around for many years, never used (or needed) one. Let us know how it works!

My latest came in yesterday but I was off on a business trip with my boss. Came home to find this, which I bought off ebay for $35 + $5.25 for shipping. It will eventually replace a Valenite tool I use for which I may not buy any more inserts. The inserts are discontinued by Valenite but plenty on eBay and current Sandvik Coromant N123 style inserts also fit that one. I'd rather have this modular style because I can swap the support blade for thinner or wider ones, and also use a wide range of face grooving modules.

[Image: IMG_20150918_112412737_zps0rpfkvvo.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150918_112423405_HDR_zpsn83kidgt.jpg]

Both of the grooving/parting modules I got with it are for 4mm to 5mm inserts, I have another one for 3mm to 4mm inserts coming. The one insert it came with is a "grooving-turning" style, really nice for making spool shaped parts.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 10:52 AM)PixMan Wrote: I've seen those around for many years, never used (or needed) one. Let us know how it works!

My latest came in yesterday but I was off on a business trip with my boss. Came home to find this, which I bought off ebay for $35 + $5.25 for shipping. It will eventually replace a Valenite tool I use for which I may not buy any more inserts. The inserts are discontinued by Valenite but plenty on eBay and current Sandvik Coromant N123 style inserts also fit that one. I'd rather have this modular style because I can swap the support blade for thinner or wider ones, and also use a wide range of face grooving modules.

Both of the grooving/parting modules I got with it are for 4mm to 5mm inserts, I have another one for 3mm to 4mm inserts coming. The one insert it came with is a "grooving-turning" style, really nice for making spool shaped parts.

Well that's certainly worthy of a  You Suck  or   You Suck    You Suck

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 09-18-2015

Thanks Ed!

I noticed the screws were loose in the photo so I took them all out and made sure there was no damage or burrs. Snugged them in and it's perfect. A little snug on the uppermost one clamps the insert quite firmly. I love these tools!

Looking to collect the 4 different width modules for grooving & parting, plus a few of the 12 different ones they offer for face grooving.

You Suck

I must admit to looking at those in the past but I've never seen them at that price!  I love the Valenite VG112 R 16-30 tool that I have but the flexibility of the modular systems is very tempting, especially for smaller width grooves.  That is why I bought the Nikcole system and whilst it works, I'm not 100% pleased with it. 

I knew it was a bad idea to bring one of the Walter parting and grooving product handbooks home with me last year...

You Suck

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 07:14 PM)Mayhem Wrote: ...That is why I bought the Nikcole system and whilst it works, I'm not 100% pleased with it. 

Darren,

What is it about the Nikcole system that you don't like. Chin

Ed

(09-18-2015, 10:52 AM)PixMan Wrote: I've seen those around for many years, never used (or needed) one. Let us know how it works!...

When have you ever let "need" influence a tool purchase? Big Grin

At the end of the day I know I can double my money if I sell it locally, if I find that I don't like/need/use it.

(09-18-2015, 07:16 PM)EdK Wrote: Darren,

What is it about the Nikcole system that you don't like. Chin

Ed

The insert doesn't sit parallel to the tool shank on mine. I wonder if it was cheap because of this (i.e. factory second). I also seem to get chatter, regardless of the speed or feed. I think this may be the lack of top form geometry on the inserts. The 1.0mm width one works the best and remember, I am only using the full radius grooving inserts, not the parting ones.

I'll probably sell it to my mate and look at getting something else that gives me more flexibility in grooving - especially for circlips etc.