MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 07-23-2015

Wow!
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Pete O - 07-23-2015

Better make sure you bolt it down, looks like it might move around every time you lean against it.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 07-25-2015

I love how the vise is using the T-slots on that massive table. It's rare that a vise isn't usable where it is, but being able to relocate it so easily is cool.

What a great find!

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - zmotorsports - 08-03-2015

My latest tool addition that arrived via the big brown truck.  I purchased a keyless chuck for my new mill last year and I fell in love with it so last week I used the Enco coupon to get 15% off and free freight to buy a  Jacobs keyless chuck and MT3-J33 arbor for the lathe.  
[Image: 2h5l8i9.jpg]

Mounted in the tailstock.  Looks good don't she?Drool
[Image: 2ztk3m8.jpg]

Mike.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 08-03-2015

Very nice Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 08-03-2015

Very nice! I've never seen a keyless chuck that came with a "key" (or wrench) but it's probably not a bad idea.

I would only buy a keyless chuck for my lathe if I already owned a good regular keyed ball-bearing chuck (which I do) because I do a lot of power tapping on the lathe and need a chuck that holds on in reverse too. That'll be great for 90% of the work you do, drilling! It appears to have a superior fit and finish.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - zmotorsports - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 04:20 PM)PixMan Wrote: Very nice! I've never seen a keyless chuck that came with a "key" (or wrench) but it's probably not a bad idea.

I would only buy a keyless chuck for my lathe if I already owned a good regular keyed ball-bearing chuck (which I do) because I do a lot of power tapping on the lathe and need a chuck that holds on in reverse too. That'll be great for 90% of the work you do, drilling! It appears to have a superior fit and finish.

Agreed. I have a couple of Jacobs keyed ball-bearing chucks on MT3 arbors that I used on my last lathe as well as this one. I had never owned a keyless chuck until I bought a Glacern for my mill on an R8 collet last year. A co-worker of mine talked me into one as he used one routinely at his previous job. I decided to try one when I bought my new mill and I fell in love with the keyless chuck.

Now I had to have one for the lathe as well.

Mike.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 08-03-2015

That's a real beauty Mike. Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - zmotorsports - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 05:34 PM)EdK Wrote: That's a real beauty Mike.  Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks Ed. I used if for the first time last night.

Mike.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 08-12-2015

I thought I'd have a gift waiting for the new lady when she arrives. I can't top Mike's but this should work well enough for me.

LLambrich 5/8" precision keyless chuck and Jacobs JT-6 arbor.

Ed

[attachment=11583]