MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 07-17-2015

Saddie looks bummed about the rain.

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - rleete - 07-18-2015

(07-17-2015, 06:14 PM)f350ca Wrote: Saddie was whining about having to ride on a 23 year old atv so thought we'd better keep her happy.
Stopped into the dealer a couple of weeks ago looking for a set of tires. Had a look at the new ones of course. They must be hungry, he quoted me what I thought was a good price on a 2015, last years stock. Called them up a couple of days ago to check on the tires and asked for the salesman again, he dropped another $850 so I said sure. Went to pick it up today and they screwed up the paperwork and gave me a 2016 for the same price.
Raining so had to park it on the veranda, can't get it wet.

Is that a Recon?  I have a 2001, best friend has a 2012 model.  Bought it for hunting, but mostly use it for tearing through the camp these days.  Loads of fun.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - f350ca - 07-18-2015

They call it a TRX420 up here and a Rancher on your side of the fence. The base model.
Out in the sun before Saddie and I got it dirty today. A joy to ride, moving up 24 model years gives a much better ride, the liquid cooled engine is way quieter, being able to select 2WD makes it steer easier and an additional 120 cc and fuel injection gives it a lot more git up on go.

[Image: IMG_1798.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - TomG - 07-20-2015

The UPS man showed up with a shiny new camera today. I've been saving up for a while (thank you YouTube) and finally sprung for a Sony a6000 mirrorless digital. No fancy lenses yet, but it came with a 16-50 f3.6/5.6. so that should keep me busy for a while. This thing is super small and takes amazing pics, both still and video. My YT videos will have a whole new appearance when I get back to them. Can't wait to get it to the U.P.

Tom

[Image: Z-sony-a6000-onHand.JPG]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 07-20-2015

Sony is making the best sensors today. I believe Nikon uses them also. A mirrorless is tempting for when I don't want to haul around a big DSLR and lens but I've blown my photography budget all to hell already for this year so it ain't going to happen anytime soon. Sadno

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 07-20-2015

Very nice Tom Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 07-20-2015

Wasn't delivered by UPS or any other PS, I had to go and pick it up.
It "fell off the table" 17428  in doing so it broke and bent a few things. He tried to repair some of the damaged parts after dismantling it, but decided to buy a new one and threw all the damaged bits away.  Bash Slaphead

The motor and the hydraulics work (the piston goes in and out) so I thought I would see what I can do with it. Smile 

[attachment=11397] [attachment=11398]

That's all there is - the rest of the bits and pieces were thrown away, it is exactly the same as the one I have so I can make up the missing parts.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - f350ca - 07-23-2015

Another UPS (other peoples stuff) but it wasn't delivered, had to go get it.

Figure it will make a nice little light weight welding table, had to take the forks of the tractor to lighten the load.

[Image: IMG_1803.jpg]

Guess it still belongs to Herb, Im just holding it in LONG term storage. The base is 3/4 plate the bottom it over inch and the top must be 2 inch thick. Guessing around 1400 pounds.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 07-23-2015

I don't think it is heavy enough, it will probably warp out the first time you try to fit something up on it Drool Drool Drool

Nice table

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 07-23-2015

Man, that's a sweet fab table.