MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 07-10-2015

(07-09-2015, 07:32 PM)PixMan Wrote: .....

Can you use it on your older, smaller machine or is that in pieces?

I'm going to try it on my current mill once I get the new nut made for it. I'm going to go for attempt number four on the nut this weekend since it's supposed to be hot, humid and raining. A good weekend to spend time in the shop.

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 07-10-2015

(07-09-2015, 08:58 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Stumbled on these in the local classified by accident:

Four matched, ground and hardened block that are approximately 2" x 1" x 5.8" and three machinist jacks that extend from 1-1/4" to 2-1/8".  Apparently the blocks were machined specifically to fit the ways on a horizontal mill but I figure that they will come in handy.  

He was asking $20 for the lot, so I contacted him and told him to consider them sold.  He lives about an hour away from me but virtually next door to a colleague at work.  Her husband grabbed them for me and apparently the guy selling them is/was a tool and die maker.

Nice score Darren. Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - JScott - 07-10-2015

This was USPS not UPS but it was delivered yesterday.  I bought this toolmakers vise off of eBay for $10.99 plus shipping.  It is in pretty good condition.  There is no rust and it does not have any nicks, dings or machining wounds.  Everything moves smoothly and the jaws come together nicely.  At the price I couldn't pass it up.

[attachment=11311]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Pete O - 07-13-2015

Again not UPS, but my order of chicom tooling for the mill turned up today, 6 days china to my door, no complaints there. Boring head, ER32 collet chuck and keyless drill chuck for the nt30 vertical head and a keyless drill chuck for the NT40 horizontal spindle, plus a few little end mills. I bought a ER32 collet chuck and a set of collets for the lathe a while back from the same mob, was very pleased with the quality so happy to give them a go again. Should make the mill somewhat useful if I ever actually get it going, the rotary phase converter is still in progress.
[attachment=11331]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - f350ca - 07-17-2015

Saddie was whining about having to ride on a 23 year old atv so thought we'd better keep her happy.
Stopped into the dealer a couple of weeks ago looking for a set of tires. Had a look at the new ones of course. They must be hungry, he quoted me what I thought was a good price on a 2015, last years stock. Called them up a couple of days ago to check on the tires and asked for the salesman again, he dropped another $850 so I said sure. Went to pick it up today and they screwed up the paperwork and gave me a 2016 for the same price.
Raining so had to park it on the veranda, can't get it wet.

[Image: IMG_1797.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 07-17-2015

Ooow that's nice Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Vinny - 07-17-2015

Don't worry Dave. He won't have it long. Quality Control will take it for a test ride as soon as the rain stops and he won't see either for weeks (or till she's hungry).

Probably right Vinny, it was days before she was back with the mule.
Had to laugh, went to load it on the trailer, as soon as I got on it she was there then jumped on the back while I was driving it up the ramps, aka two old 2x6's.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 07-17-2015

Nice Greg! (are you getting younger as the time goes on?). LOL

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

In the immortal words of Red Green, if you can't stay young you can at least stay immature.