MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - krv3000 - 05-18-2015

hi nice taps but you cud of made stranded ones longer

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 05-22-2015

Little bit of a tool gloat here...again.

I just received this spanking new Walter Valenite solid carbide insert boring bar that I had sniped of eBay. Only one other bidder, whose initial bid met the starting price of $20.00, seemed to be after it. Not knowing how many others may have had it on their radar, the auction was ending when I would be home so I waited until the last five seconds of the auction and entered my max of $56.79. I won the auction for a paltry $22.50 + $8.65 for shipping. The current list is $460.00, which is nearly 2.5x what a nearly equal quality Ultradex bar lists for. OK, the list on this is ridiculous but my total of $31.15 is only 16% of the same Ultradex bar or less than 7% of it's own original list price. Nice.

[Image: IMG_20150522_145943576_zpsr6prqwks.jpg]

I don't currently own any CPGT or CPMT 21.5x size insert for it but will be buying some soon. This non coolant fed bar will replace a Kennametal 1/2" solid carbide coolant fed one that I'm not fond of because it takes a hard to find triangular insert with a shallow counterbored hole, held in with a Torx socket head cap screw of some special design. It may be a Circle Machine brand (now a Kennametal company), but I'm disinclined to persue inserts by getting this "upgrade" to a bar that takes a common insert.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 05-22-2015

(05-22-2015, 02:39 PM)PixMan Wrote: Little bit of a tool gloat here...again.

I just received this spanking new Walter Valenite solid carbide insert boring bar that I had sniped of eBay. Only one other bidder, whose initial bid met the starting price of $20.00, seemed to be after it. Not knowing how many others may have had it on their radar, the auction was ending when I would be home so I waited until the last five seconds of the auction and entered my max of $56.79. I won the auction for a paltry $22.50 + $8.65 for shipping. The current list is $460.00, which is nearly 2.5x what a nearly equal quality Ultradex bar lists for. OK, the list on this is ridiculous but my total of $31.15 is only 16% of the same Ultradex bar or less than 7% of it's own original list price. Nice.

I don't currently own any CPGT or CPMT 21.5x size insert for it but will be buying some soon. This non coolant fed bar will replace a Kennametal 1/2" solid carbide coolant fed one that I'm not fond of because it takes a hard to find triangular insert with a shallow counterbored hole, held in with a Torx socket head cap screw of some special design. It may be a Circle Machine brand (now a Kennametal company), but I'm disinclined to persue inserts by getting this "upgrade" to a bar that takes a common insert.

This one deserves a few You Suck You Suck You Suck s.

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 05-22-2015

Ken's post puts mine to shame but here goes anyway.

I got 144 of these cups in today. They will be used for sorting out small hardware which I have an overabundance of.

Here's the post by TomG that spurred me into buying these.

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=727&pid=44963#pid44963

I'm considering making a cabinet out of oak with drawers to hold all of the cups. Chin

Ed

[attachment=10810]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 05-22-2015

Ed that's a lot of jelly shots Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana

DA

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Mayhem - 05-22-2015

I simply cannot find a large enough "you suck" emoticon for you Ken, nor did I have the time to this morning to insert enough of the small ones Big Grin

That is a very nice score. I know Walter make extremely good tooling and are particularly proud of what they make...

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Vinny - 05-22-2015

I'll hielp you out Darren...

You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck  You Suck

That enough?

And Ed, here's one more from me   You Suck

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Mayhem - 05-22-2015

Thanks Vinny - in a minute you will see why I was short on time...

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 05-26-2015

Got this today. I've wanted one of these for years but couldn't justify the cost. I used an Enco 20% off plus free shipping to make it more palatable.
It's an 8 inch caliper. There have been times I could have used this when my 6 inch caliper was too short.
Oh, and I got a few center drills also. My existing ones are getting dull and most are of unknown origin.

Ed

[attachment=10879]  [attachment=10880]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - f350ca - 05-26-2015

Nice, I've been threatening to get one too, have a 24 inch one that gets drug out more than you'd think but often to measure something between 6 and 8 inches.
On the centre drills, I've touched the point up on the grinder with good results.