MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 08:44 PM)mike-sid Wrote: I got my inserts today too!   Thank you! Ken.
     I have a project in mind for them too.  I'll shoot some video when I do my project.     Ken,  you're going to love my project! Tongue I am making a breather catch tank, mainly because I'm nuts. I re-route the breather from my Motorcycle from going into the intake to the atmosphere. I do not want the oil mist to burn up and deposit carbon on my pistons, But of course that means I get a fine spray on my lovely paint after  many miles. So my latest idea was to make a catch tank, small of course, instead of buying one. See all the fun you are missing out on with your European cycle! Rotfl     Just so you know I'm just funning with you, I have nothing against any brand motorcycle. I love my Harley Electra Glide, but if I was choose another brand I'm sure I'd be just as happy on a Gold Wing, or one of the big BMW touring bikes!   For the record, I love Triumph's too, especially the retro ones, but now I'm into the big touring bikes. As long as your on 2 wheels and happy, nothing else matters. I have know some guys on Harley's that wont ride with other bikes, I think that just shows their narrow mindedness, I do understand why anyone would not want to ride with someone riding a bike with drag pipes, they do get loud! I don't like riding behind them either. I guess I'm getting old, cause I had drag pipes on my last bike for at least 15 years!     Rant over

Thanks Mike,

Have you ever taken a test ride on the new Triumph Thunderbird 1700? If you had, I think you'd be shocked are the handling and braking as compared to a similar Harley. That's probably the reason they earned "Cruiser of the Year" two years in a row from Cycle World magazine.

http://http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/thunderbird/2015/thunderbird-lt

As for loud pipes, I despise them too because "Loud Pipes Risk Rights". Sooner or later all those who have them are going to regret the laws that get passed prohibiting the alteration of factory exhaust systems.

Do share what you see with those inserts, I think you'll be amazed.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 03-27-2015

I got a box of 10 .5" 3-flute end mills with a .0125 nose radius. Regrinds, but for $30, including shipping, who cares. Nice long flutes, too.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 12:06 AM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: I got a box of 10 .5" 3-flute end mills with a .0125 nose radius.  Regrinds, but for $30, including shipping, who cares.  Nice long flutes, too.

Was that the guy over on PM who seemed to have a LOT of those end mills?

If so, I might have bought a small batch if I ever thought I'd use them, it seemed such a good bargain.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 03-30-2015

Yes, that's the guy. Haven't used them yet. I need to get the x-axis lead screw on my mill straightened out first. It's developed some major play, and I snapped a .5" endmill last time I tried climb cutting. I think I have to take the table off... yuck.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 07:21 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: Yes, that's the guy. Haven't used them yet. I need to get the x-axis lead screw on my mill straightened out first. It's developed some major play, and I snapped a .5" endmill last time I tried climb cutting. I think I have to take the table off... yuck.

Welcome to the club.

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 03-31-2015

Only one small box today. New old stock, Brown & Sharpe toolmakers clamps still in the wrap. Got three of the #754E (2-1/2") clamps, and one #754F (3-1/2") clamp. $40 for the lot on evilbay. 

[attachment=10448]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Vinny - 04-01-2015

In the last couple of days... Series 16 AXA toolholder, inspectacles, rivets, gpib cable (there are 3 but I couldn't see putting all of 'em in the pic) and a bottle of B-12 vitamins. Hey, the vitamins showed up too.

[Image: ups-stuff1.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 04-10-2015

Recently had to tap a 5/16-18UN blind hole and all I had was a spiral point tap. Of course it worked, but I would have felt better if that wasn't one of the few remaining sizes in which I don't yet own a spiral flute style for blind holes.

I fixed that on eBay for $6.80, shipped. What a bargain. List price, $24.90 US.

[Image: IMG_20150410_171108746_zps8aaahzy2.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Vinny - 04-10-2015

You Suck

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - f350ca - 04-11-2015

Not really UPS i had to pick it up. Busy Bee tools had a 3 ton arbour press on for $224 regular $399. Chinese but the best price I've run across up here.
More impressive check out that bench, not often the top is visible.
[Image: IMG_1678.jpg]