MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 03:17 PM)Highpower Wrote: Thanks again Ed. Those screws look similar to what I got from the UK, but with a larger drive, ie. T-9 vs. T-7 for the Walter screw. That leaves me to believe that screw possibly has an even larger head than the Walter screw?  Chin

Willie,
I may be outa line here (who me? Big Grin )  but, couldn't a clever guy like you modify the head size, angle or depth? 17428

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Mayhem - 02-24-2015

Why dick around trying to modify such a small screw?

Willie - I know Ken will steer you in the right direction. If I were you, I'd wait for his PM to arrive...

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 02-24-2015

Darren, you can "dick around" restoring a Kondia mill to better than it was, I'll stick to modifying a screw when I need to.Bleh

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 04:26 PM)stevec Wrote: Willie,
I may be outa line here (who me? Big Grin )  but, couldn't a clever guy like you......
Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

Steve,

Clearly you have me confused with someone else.  Rotfl

I don't have a chuck for my lathe that would even hold a screw that small. I have no collet system for my lathe either so that is out too. And I'm too lazy to modify something like that when they only cost a couple of bucks. (When you can find them.) I'm up for a good challenge now and then, but it has to appeal to me first. And I have so many half finished projects sitting around here I'll never get them all done at the rate I've been going - or NOT going actually. It's not that important to me, because I don't have to find any screws. It's the same old want's vs. needs battle. It would be nice to have spares but it isn't critical.

Darren, I did get Ken's PM and while I was reading it I was reminded of something that he wrote in another thread some time ago about MSC being a distributor for Walter. I'm going to check with them and see if they can do a 'special order' for me. But that will be down the road because I'm too busy getting bounced around between doctors right now.  Bleh

[Image: 1582624.jpg]  Big Grin

UPDATE:  MSC got back to me much sooner than I expected. They are having the screws dropped-shipped to me directly from Walter, but I had to buy a pack of 5 of them to the tune of $17.00 + S&H  Yikes but what are ya' gonna do? "Buy, or buy not - choose one." ~ YODA

Big Grin

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - arvidj - 02-26-2015

Well it was actually the Royal Mail and the USPS that got this job done a day earlier than forecast ...

[attachment=10148]

[attachment=10149]

Now to compile a "materials list" for Saturday's trip to Discount Steel.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 02-27-2015

Arvid,

I await a review of the book. I'd like to get it if it's worth it.

Ed

What UPS brought me. - JScott - 02-27-2015

I have a small Harbor Freight mill with an R8 spindle.  It came with 3 collets (1/8", 3/8" and 1/2") but several times I needed more sizes.  Mrs. gave me the green light to get a complete set and I found these on eBay for $58 with free shipping.  They were very useful on my latest project, a comparator gage that will be posted in gunsmithing today.  They came packaged very nicely in plastic sleeves, sealed plastic bags and coated with rust preventative.  They work fine so far.
Now I have collets from 1/8" to 7/8" by sixteenths which should hold me for awhile! Smiley-eatdrink004

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310724759946?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

[attachment=10150]

RE: What UPS brought me. - rleete - 02-27-2015

I bought the same set, only in M3 taper. So far I have only used a couple, but it's nice to know I have the sizes I need without having to make an adapter.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Vinny - 02-27-2015

I'm jealous. Mine's been shipped but I still wait.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 03-03-2015

$pecial order through MSC arrived today. Carbide insert screws. I think I need to find a different hobby..... again. Something cheap, like collecting gold or diamonds....  Rotfl 

Edit: I just got the invoice. Dropped shipped from Walter. $16.70 + $15.35 S&H!  Yikes

[attachment=10173]