MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 02-05-2015

Nothing too exciting but these are the latest arrivals. A few 'in-between' sizes of R-8 collects (in 32'nds) I didn't have, and needed them on several occasions to choke up on an odd drill bit size. I love my keyless drill chuck, but I wish it was shorter.  Rolleyes

A "Typhoon" pistol grip blow gun and various accessory tips. I had a straight in-line blow gun at the mill that was just a pain to use having to hold the coiled air hose over head  and hold the blowgun upside down in order to blow downward around the mill table. The "Typhoon" is appropriately named. The standard tip has a ring of holes all around the cone instead of a single hole down the center, and puts out a massive amount of air at full throttle. WOW.

A brand new M.A. Ford single flute countersink (1-1/2") that was an eBay find for $20. I figure for the money it will make a good general countersink/deburring tool for both the mill and the lathe. I think Enco sells them for around $120!

Another eBay find, the Eagle no. 66 all brass plunger type oil can. Now I see why other guys love these things. It's a shame they don't build them like that any more.

An assortment of solid carbide end mills, another $20 gone thanks to evilbay.... and a Walter Valenite 3/8" boring bar that is the same one mike-sid bought on eBay for $40. (I bought the other one they had.)

The SECO inserts for steel and cast iron came from Amazon. I also bought a box of Sandvik Coromant inserts for aluminum but Amazon has those on a perpetual back-order evidently.   Bash 

I also got several pieces of copper bar stock and sheet, another Tweco bronze ground clamp for one of my welders and a couple of bags of MIG wire cleaning and lube pads. But I forgot to get those in the picture, so it didn't happen - disregard.  Big Grin 

Looks like I'll be feasting on Ramen noodles for awhile.  <sigh...>

[attachment=9994]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - TomG - 02-05-2015

Not UPS, but USPS. I'm relieved that they actually made it.

My son decided that he would like to learn how to do a little gunsmithing so I ordered a few AR15 lower forgings to experiment with. It'll give me an excuse to fire up the anodizing bench when they are finished, assuming we don't screw them up.

Tom

[Image: IMAG1067.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 02-05-2015

Willie,

You Suck  nice haul though.

I got these inserts for aluminum today from this place.

http://www.latheinserts.com/BORING-BAR-INSERTS_c160.htm

These are the smaller ones CCGT 21.51 to fit my small boring bar. They're kind of pricey but those will probably last me quite a while.

Ed

[attachment=9995]

(02-05-2015, 06:31 PM)TomG Wrote: Not UPS, but USPS. I'm relieved that they actually made it.

My son decided that he would like to learn how to do a little gunsmithing so I ordered a few AR15 lower forgings to experiment with. It'll give me an excuse to fire up the anodizing bench when they are finished, assuming we don't screw them up.

Tom

So does that mean we can expect some build threads from the lad?  Chin   Cool

(02-05-2015, 06:32 PM)EdK Wrote: I got these inserts for aluminum today from this place.

http://www.latheinserts.com/BORING-BAR-INSERTS_c160.htm

These are the smaller ones CCGT 21.51 to fit my small boring bar. They're kind of pricey but those will probably last me quite a while.

Ed

Wow.... look at those puppies SHINE!!!  Better put on your shades when you use them Ed.  Cool

The inserts I have on order are uncoated and unpolished. You know.... boring. But seeing as they are going on a boring bar, I guess it works out.  Rotfl

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - TomG - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 10:34 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 06:31 PM)TomG Wrote: Not UPS, but USPS. I'm relieved that they actually made it.

Tom

So does that mean we can expect some build threads from the lad?  Chin   Cool

I doubt it Willie. These damn kids have more going on than I do.

Tom

Copy that. I guess I forgot what's it's like to be young and energetic.  Blush 

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - mike-sid - 02-05-2015

Did I ever say that I love tools?  The only thing that I've used so far is the Micro 100 BB 230070. It worked so well I went back to Ebay for another one....except I found 5 for $65, and I could not pass them up. I also bought 2 Micro 100 BB-2301400 and one BB-2001200. Here is my boring bar and some inserts for it. Some inserts for my Valenite V555 face mill that kicks azz, some 16 ER 24un threading inserts and a set of diamond files.  

[Image: 20150205_224912_zpsw9gw3jcf.jpg]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 02-11-2015

All of this talk about starter punches got me started.  Smile

Ed

[attachment=10034]

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 02-11-2015

Did you already have those or just buy them, Ed? Nice looking tools!