MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 07-12-2021

I found this picture of a Rohm #666573 in this ebay listing.  Item number: 373041043759

Hopefully you can soak yours in some solvent and wash out any gunk so that it will work smoothly and you won't have to worry about.

[attachment=17200]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 03:21 PM)Highpower Wrote: I found this picture of a Rohm #666573 in this ebay listing.  Item number: 373041043759

Hopefully you can soak yours in some solvent and wash out any gunk so that it will work smoothly and you won't have to worry about.

OK, I think I found the cracks. They're disguised by the lacquer. I'll soak it overnight and see if I can get the gunk out.

Thanks for your help! Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - rleete - 07-13-2021

Brake cleaner. Spray the hell out of it and let it flash off. Then a few drops of thin oil.

I have all my dad's old watchmaker stuff, so I have some oils that are very thin, and don't gum up.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-13-2021

[attachment=17212]
[attachment=17211]

My now late wife & I agreed to buy me a roll top desk for me when I finished my doctorate.  Well time went by and other things took priority and the idea just got lost in the day to day activities. So, I decided to buy myself a retirement present.  I wanted Gerstner tool chests for as long as I've been in the trade. They are solid cherry and absolutely beautiful. The Pro Series Chest in cherry is out of stock, but should be available soon. Happyyes

Yes I will be taking it to Manila with me as I'm also taking a Chicago Lathe Bridgemill so I can make model steam engines and train engines and cars.  I'll buy a 3 bedroom condo and knock out the wall between 2 of the bedrooms to create my Hobby room/Man cave. Big Grin Since I can no longer lift anything more than 20 lbs this will keep me off the streets and out of the bars (some of the time anyways) Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 07-13-2021

That's a beautiful piece of woodwork. This isn't a Gerstner, but some time this summer, I'll be moving this 1948 workbench from my parent's house into my own shop. I figure the process will take me about a week. Just for reference, it's 8 feet long.

[attachment=17213]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 07-14-2021

I have the large upper chest in oak and agree, it's hard to beat Gerstner quality. Didn't know they made a roll around. Very nice!

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 07-17-2021

Finally found an 8" height gauge at a decent price.

Ed

[attachment=17223]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 07-17-2021

These documents that came with the height gauge instill much confidence in the quality of the tool.  Rotfl

Ed

[attachment=17224]  [attachment=17225]

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 07-17-2021

Must have been the end of the month. The stamp pad was a bit dry.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-27-2021

(07-14-2021, 07:40 AM)TomG Wrote: I have the large upper chest in oak and agree, it's hard to beat Gerstner quality. Didn't know they made a roll around. Very nice!

Tom

I knew they made one, but never saw one until now.