MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-19-2021

Arvid,

There should also be a keyless chuck. I don't remember what brand it is.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-21-2021

March 23rd I took my Red Wing boots to the local store to have them resoled. The leather was in excellent condition but the soles were worn out.  I was told it would take 2 weeks.  Two weeks came & went so I called the store and was promptly blown off by the employee.  So I decided to give it another week and visited the store claim ticket in hand.  This employee promised a call from the store manager the next day.

This is the text of the complaint I filed with Red Wing Customer Service:

On March 23 I dropped off a pair of work boots at the Owensboro KY Heartland Crossing for new soles and was informed it would take two weeks. At the 2 week mark I called the store and was simply blown off with no reason given for the delay. Yesterday at the three week mark I went in person to the store to try to find out the status of my boots. The clerk was unable to find out the status of my boots and assured me the store manager would call me today. It's 1:22PM local time and I have yet to be called by the manager. To say the least I am quite disappointed in the lack of customer care by this location. The claim ticket for my boots is 507173. I expect an answer within 24 hours as to the status of my boots and when they will arrive after resoling. If the boots cannot be found I expect full replacement with boots of the equivalent model at no charge to me.

Red Wing emailed me this:

Case number 00866563 has been created and assigned to a representative for review. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible regarding:

Long story short Red Wing lost my boots which also contained custom orthopedic inserts. Angry Angry

After several back & froths with RW CS they finally admitted they lost the boots.  Yesterday a brand new pair arrived via Next Day Air.  Style 2233 10 1/2 B width (narrow).  I had also made sure CS knew I had been wearing RW boots for 52 years.  I have a narrow foot and a high arch and am therefore very difficult to fit.

This AM I went to the store and received a refund ($103.60) for the resoling that did not happen.  The clerk could not have been nicer.  I strongly suspect Red Wing Customer Service made sure I was treated far better than before.

I'm still waiting on my inserts but I have been notified UPS will be delivering a package from Red Wing tomorrow so I'll just have to see.

I cannot seem to get my photo attached.  I've gotten to the point of frustration and will try again later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGKnXKij5X2ydoYl6YrZ1dKLwwVjYCWB/view?usp=sharing

best I can do for now

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 04-21-2021

No access to the pic.

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 01:01 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: ... I have been notified UPS will be delivering a package from Red Wing tomorrow so I'll just have to see.

I thought UPS was banned from your property? How are they going to deliver the package? Via trebuchet? Smiley-think005

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:00 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:01 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: ... I have been notified UPS will be delivering a package from Red Wing tomorrow so I'll just have to see.

I thought UPS was banned from your property? How are they going to deliver the package? Via trebuchet?  Smiley-think005

I gave in as it was just too much work to keep they off my property.  I do need to get busy and install my security camera system so if another driver pulls the same or similar stunt I'll have evidence.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-24-2021

This 12 x 9 surface plate arrived yesterday. Class A, my old one was class B.  Smile
It came in a wooden box and has a map of the surface. Got it from Amazon with free shipping.

Ed

[attachment=16936]  [attachment=16934]

[attachment=16935]

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 04-24-2021

Sweet deal Ed. That one measures out REAL close to my toolmakers flat for 1/4 of the cost!

Somebody check my math here. 1.1µm = 0.000043"?

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-25-2021

(04-24-2021, 02:23 PM)Highpower Wrote: Somebody check my math here. 1.1µm = 0.000043"?

Yup.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 05-25-2021

Latest delivery. I recently discovered that apparently the Cook Hammer Company no longer has any on-line distributors for their products. McMaster used to sell their lead hammer molds and handles but they are no longer listed there. Same for the one other company that Cook lists on their web site. I already had 1 lb. and 2 lb. molds and wanted a larger one as well but the cost has always put me off from getting one. Since it looks like they will going away now, suddenly I find myself with a 4 lb. mold too.  I found a seller on eBay that had a few of them so I bought one more before they go the way of the dodo bird.  Sad

[attachment=17020]

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-25-2021

I have a 3 lb that looks just like it from the Chas H Field company. No handle tho, I guess that's what lathes are for! I also have a bunch of lead for making them.