MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 12:06 PM)Vinny Wrote: Not sure what attachments are available besides the circuit board holder, but I have a stand for those that's like a rotisserie that I really like for that.

https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&id1=1&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=1&--SECTIONSword=ww

I've got a cheap rotisserie stand too but I'm not crazy about it. Since its all plastic basically I can't get it tight enough to keep it from rolling over or tilting away from me when I'm trying to solder on a board. I bought the Panavise 315 first and it's great for larger boards but it is big and bulky to use. The little Panavise 203 is the hot ticket for smaller PCBs and parts though. But again... its all plastic so you can't reef on it.

Love the one-shot oiler Vinny. Wish I had one on my mill instead of the one that is built into the saddle on my machine. I thought about getting one at one time but then the thought of having to run all new oil lines through the mill... Happyno Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 03-29-2021

OK Vinny, how 'bout giving us the link to the pump.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-29-2021

Sure. Here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384056304102 That should work. edit: Yep, it works.

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-29-2021

Claims to ship from Kentucky so that's a plus too. Smile

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-29-2021

It actually shipped out of Ill or that's what the tracking said, but it's actually an Amazon shipment. Mine arrived yesterday (Sunday) via USPS.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-17-2021

These arrived today. Got them in anticipation of procuring a lathe in the next few months. When I still had my machines I had the same chuck for my mill and lathe and I liked them very much. Not as expensive as a genuine Jacobs chuck but still of decent quality. It's a ball bearing type chuck.

Ed

[attachment=16926]  [attachment=16927]

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 04-17-2021

(04-17-2021, 01:09 PM)EdK Wrote: Got them in anticipation of procuring a lathe in the next month.

Ed

Ed,

What lathe and where ... Arizona or Minnesota?

And if I look thru the boxes will I find a chuck like that?

Arvid

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 04-17-2021

(04-17-2021, 06:16 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 01:09 PM)EdK Wrote: Got them in anticipation of procuring a lathe in the next month.

Ed

Ed,

What lathe and where ... Arizona or Minnesota?

And if I look thru the boxes will I find a chuck like that?

Arvid

I am now a resident of Arizona so that's where the future lathe and mill will reside for some years to be determined.

Yes, you will find two of those drill chucks. One on an R8 arbor and one on an MT3 arbor.

As for the lathe I haven't quite decided yet but these two are the ones I've narrowed it down to.

Grizzly G0768

[attachment=16928]

Precision Matthews PM-1022V (the picture is of the 30" version of the lathe)

[attachment=16929]

I would much prefer, surprise, the PM-1022V but it weighs quite a bit more than the Grizzly lathe. I don't have an engine hoist anymore and even if I did it wouldn't fit in the space I have to use it. I would have to dismantle the Precision Matthews lathe to get it up on a stand. Not a deal breaker, just more work. There's about $1000 difference in the price but I think there's more than $1000 difference in the usefulness. Neither one is in stock at the moment so I have some time to make a decision.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 04-18-2021

(04-17-2021, 07:30 PM)EdK Wrote: I would much prefer, surprise, the PM-1022V but it weighs quite a bit more than the Grizzly lathe. I don't have an engine hoist anymore and even if I did it wouldn't fit in the space I have to use it. I would have to dismantle the Precision Matthews lathe to get it up on a stand. Not a deal breaker, just more work. There's about $1000 difference in the price but I think there's more than $1000 difference in the usefulness.

Ed

Smiley-signs064

The spindle bore and quick change gears alone would do it for me.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 04-18-2021

(04-17-2021, 07:30 PM)EdK Wrote: As for the lathe I haven't quite decided yet but these two are the ones I've narrowed it down to.

Grizzly G0768

Precision Matthews PM-1022V (the picture is of the 30" version of the lathe)

I would much prefer, surprise, the PM-1022V but it weighs quite a bit more than the Grizzly lathe. I don't have an engine hoist anymore and even if I did it wouldn't fit in the space I have to use it. I would have to dismantle the Precision Matthews lathe to get it up on a stand. Not a deal breaker, just more work. There's about $1000 difference in the price but I think there's more than $1000 difference in the usefulness. Neither one is in stock at the moment so I have some time to make a decision.

Ed

The more mass a machine tool has, you'll be able to produce better finishes on your projects.  Figure out a way to reinforce the floor joists so you can mount a chain fall to lift the lathe in one piece.  Temp posts have helped me on more than one occasion.