MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-08-2021

No doubt about it, Wiha is good stuff. I have a set of their small nut drivers & they're very well made.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 01-08-2021

Totally agree. I was tired of re-buying the cheaply made 5-6 piece miniature screwdriver sets every year when the ends twisted or broke trying to remove tight screws. I got the bench top set from Wiha a couple years ago and the difference has been night and day.

[attachment=16829]

Oddly enough I seem to prefer the Wera brand over Wiha for standard size (insulated) screwdrivers though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 02-12-2021

New arrival. Just a small end mill extension (1/2" x 5") and 2 collets. ($$$) Smiley-signs131

[attachment=16845]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 02-12-2021

(02-12-2021, 04:37 PM)Highpower Wrote: New arrival. Just a small end mill extension (1/2" x 5") and 2 collets. ($$$) Smiley-signs131

I've nevet seen one with a collet, usually it's just a ground bore for the end mill
Harvey Tool makes nice stuff, but definitely pricey.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 02-12-2021

(02-12-2021, 05:14 PM)TomG Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 04:37 PM)Highpower Wrote: New arrival. Just a small end mill extension (1/2" x 5") and 2 collets. ($$$) Smiley-signs131

I've never seen one with a collet, usually it's just a ground bore for the end mill

Tom

I have a handful of regular (short) end mill holders (Enco) but have snapped carbide tools a bit too easily using them in the past. I haven't checked the run out on them but the bores seem to be a tight fit. Still I don't like the feeling of cranking down set screws against a carbide shank to hold a tool in place. Harvey claims a maximum T.I.R. of .0002" from shank to collet pocket on these extensions. Since I want to be able to get down into some deep pockets/cavities I figured the collet setup would be my best chance of getting 1/8" carbide ends mills to survive.

My 1/8" end mill holder is now dedicated for a spotting drill bit. No more side milling - with carbide anyway.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-26-2021

Not sure where this fits most, here or electronics, but I have already used it in on something I'm machining so I guess this works. I had one of these at work that I used for years and finally got one here. I mounted it to a scrap piece of corian I had layin around and put some stick on rubber feet on the bottom. This was a $25 ebay find.

[Image: panavise.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 03-27-2021

They are quite handy. I have one and a set of Panavise's helping hands that are excellent when trying to solder fine wires. My late wife also used it when working on small sculptures.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 03-27-2021

(03-26-2021, 08:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: Not sure where this fits most, here or electronics, but I have already used it in on something I'm machining so I guess this works.  I had one of these at work that I used for years and finally got one here.  I mounted it to a scrap piece of corian I had layin around and put some stick on rubber feet on the bottom.  This was a $25 ebay find.

I had one at work that I used a lot. Very handy for electronics work.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-27-2021

Agreed. Very versatile with the different attachments.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-28-2021

Not sure what attachments are available besides the circuit board holder, but I have a stand for those that's like a rotisserie that I really like for that.

On the machining front wrt latest deliveries ...

Behold, the oil pump!  I saw a video of someone in the Burke milling group who recently did this to his Burke except I don't have zerks on my Index.   Excuse the bag still being around it, I went to take it out and it's got the usual Chinese oil (at least it's not the mysterious yellow goo) all over it so it's staying in the bag till I'm ready for it.   I'll probably do it when I pull the mill out to replace the table feed belt. BTW, it was $20 on ebay.

[Image: oilpump.jpg]