MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 06-15-2020

Travers has Sky Hooks in the sales flyer this month...

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 06-15-2020

(06-15-2020, 06:47 AM)Highpower Wrote: Travers has Sky Hooks in the sales flyer this month...

Thanks for the info.  Do you happen to have the SKU number? Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 06-15-2020

(06-15-2020, 08:24 AM)Dr Stan Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:47 AM)Highpower Wrote: Travers has Sky Hooks in the sales flyer this month...

Thanks for the info.  Do you happen to have the SKU number? Big Grin

Just throw a dart at the flyer. I'm sure you are bound to hit one.  Rotfl

I suppose it depends on if you want a hook on both machines, or just get an extra base and swap the hook between them as needed.

I've got a HF electric hoist on a trolley over my mill. Kinda sorry I bought it now because it moves way too fast. I even put a double sheave on the hook to slow the cable down but it's still too fast for my liking. I have to repeatedly tap on the pendant to inch things along, but then that just causes whatever I am lifting/lowering to bounce like it's hanging from a slinky. Not good for lowering a vise, RT, etc. onto the table.  Sad

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 06-15-2020

I had been seriously considering building a traverse crane over 30/32 ft of my shop, but I decided with all the material handling equipment I have I can use the time and money on other projects.  I too have a HF winch that was going to be used on the traverse crane.  It will need to be repurposed at this point.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 06-15-2020

It occurs to me I didn't post my latest find.  Right after it was listed on FB I contacted the seller and got it for $20.

Here it is before I cleaned it up a bit and painted it:
[Image: before-drawers.jpg]

And here it is after.  For some reason the local Meijer didn't have any gray spray paint so I had to settle for Metallic Aluminum.  Either that or it wasn't where it belonged (with similar colors).
[Image: after-drawers.jpg]

I have some larger end mills that need a place to live, now I have one for them.

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 10-05-2020

I'm planning to fence the new property to keep the dogs from venturing out too far, and away from the electric fence along the East line, so some sort of transit was in order. I did the research and found a decent one at the Depot (Johnson) for $200, but it was probably Chinese made, so I kept looking. I ended up finding a Leitz Model 200, with tripod at an antique shop for $100 and jumped on that. I had to drive a couple of hours to pick it up, but man is it nice. It's obviously seen use, but has been well cared for and works flawlessly. Can't wait to try it out.

Tom

[Image: 20201005_133849.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 10-16-2020

I've been lusting after one of these for awhile now and the eBay god's finally took pity on me.
A 30 lb.paperweight to hold my surface plate down.
It even came with several original government inspection certificates dating from 1956 to 1960 so this tool is as old as I am at the very least.

[attachment=16784]

[attachment=16785]

[attachment=16786]

[attachment=16787]

[attachment=16788]

[attachment=16789]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 10-16-2020

They literally don't make 'em like that anymore. The box is worth whatever you paid for the square. Big Grin

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 06:56 PM)TomG Wrote: They literally don't make 'em like that anymore. The box is worth whatever you paid for the square. Big Grin

Tom

That is no joke! When my wife saw the box she threatened to steal it from me. She likes old wooden boxes and chests and such. To stave off her threat I ordered a slightly larger oak box (H. Gerstner & Sons #J1001) to give her on her upcoming birthday.

I paid $275 for the square with the box. The empty Gerstner box after sales tax and shipping cost me nearly double that! Yikes
I'm thinking maybe I should have just let her take the Taft-Pierce box instead. Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - rleete - 10-17-2020

(10-16-2020, 05:19 PM)Highpower Wrote: I've been lusting after one of these for awhile now...

You old guys sure have some strange desires!