MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 06:32 AM)EdK Wrote: Plus they don't say which America they are made in.  17428

Ed

Excellent point Ed! I never thought of that.  Rotfl 

I have purchased plenty of tools from "over there" and are happy with them knowing what I was paying for. It's the places that spring the (surprise!) "over there" dollar store **** on you when you think you are buying a quality product, that I despise.

Oddly enough I bought my Blake indicator from Enco years ago. Now they don't even list them. (Thank you MSC....  NOT!)
This business of hiding brand names/manufacturers from buyers is BS, IMHO, OK?  Big Grin

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 01-16-2015

OK with me!

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 01:08 PM)stevec Wrote: OK with me!

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

Steve,

What's OK with you? 17428

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 01-16-2015

I think Steve was just agreeing with the last line of my previous post Ed.  Blush 

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 09:00 PM)Highpower Wrote: I think Steve was just agreeing with the last line of my previous post Ed.  Blush 

Slaphead Blush

Sorry Steve, it's been a long week.

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 01-17-2015

Sorry Ed, I find it a real PITA when some folks quote the previous post with a half dozen or so pics in it, that I try to simplify my response when it  immediately follows the post.
Another thing, I tried to quote your post and when I got the "reply" screen there was no quote (I tried twice 17428 )

Smiley-eatdrink004  

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - DaveH - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:51 AM)stevec Wrote: Another thing, I tried to quote your post and when I got the "reply" screen there was no quote (I tried twice 17428 )

Smiley-eatdrink004  

Hi Steve, no idea why that is happening - I can only think you have broken it Rotfl  Rotfl   Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - stevec - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 08:10 AM)DaveH Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 07:51 AM)stevec Wrote: Another thing, I tried to quote your post and when I got the "reply" screen there was no quote (I tried twice 17428 )

Smiley-eatdrink004  

Hi Steve, no idea why that is happening - I can only think you have broken it Rotfl  Rotfl   Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

There, I fixed it. ?    17428 ???

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Highpower - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:51 AM)stevec Wrote: Sorry Ed, I find it a real PITA when some folks quote the previous post with a half dozen or so pics in it, that I try to simplify my response when it  immediately follows the post.

Smiley-eatdrink004  

I'm the same way Steve. In those cases I will still quote the previous post, but only the portion(s) that I want to specifically address, and delete the rest. I agree it's rather senseless (to me) to "quote" the same half dozen (normally) HUGE pictures in the post right above your reply. Sometimes though it gets confusing when replying to a post (especially long posts) if you don't quote any part of what you are replying to.

Simplifying a response is great. But a lot of people don't read every single post, or just skim through them and may not have a clue of what you (or I) are referring to. If you make it too simple, sometimes folks don't make the connection. I know what I was thinking when I wrote it, but no one else has a clue.  Rotfl

Smiley-gen163

Did your quote "button" work for you previously? 17428

Edit: Either you guys type too fast, or I type too slow....  Big Grin

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 01-23-2015

Not any kind of special deal, but got some stock in yesterday.

I had to order a foot (minimum buy) of Ø 1-1/2" 316 stainless steel for a part I need to make for my friend Neil. I also needed a couple inches worth of Ø 1" pre heat treated 4140 (38-42Rc), so I found a seller with turned ground and polished. I bought a 12" length of that too. While on their website I clicked on "clearance specials" and they had some bars of 3/4" 4140HT, flame cut in strips of about 7/8" wide x 12" long for $2.99 each. I picked up 4 of them. No job for them but they would have been nice for the gun sight parts I had recently make for David.

When I have an hour to kill I'll throw them in the mill and use one of my Walter F4080 45º face milling cutters to get under the flame cut surface and have them ready for when I do need one.

[Image: IMG_20150122_192656826_zpsxiynm3ho.jpg]