MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 01-30-2020

(01-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: Sounds like someone has a construction project in his future. Big Grin

Only if there is a winning lottery ticket in his future before hand.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 01-31-2020

(01-30-2020, 10:18 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: Sounds like someone has a construction project in his future. Big Grin

Only if there is a winning lottery ticket in his future before hand.

Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 02-01-2020

Looks like you really scored on that mill Stan. Unloading a new machine is always something of an adventure. Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 02-01-2020

Had to go to Evansville IN to rent machine skates.  Several of the tool rental houses I called didn't even know what they are. Rolleyes

Taking it slow and easy.  Don't want 6K lbs getting away from me. Yikes

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 02-01-2020

Well it's finally up on the skates.  Had some trouble with my porta-power.  When I finally got that straightened out everything went according to plan.  It's ready to move on some plywood sheets I have laid out and my neighbor has a 4 wheeler with a 5K winch on the front.  He's going to help me move it to the shop tomorrow.

I'll tell you what, I know I bit off more than I can chew 4 weeks after knee joint replacement surgery.  However that's how I will regain full range of motion.  Yesterday at therapy I bent it to 99 degrees.  I couldn't repeat that and it hurt like a !*#&*, the best I could do again was 97 degrees.  The thing was the seller was motivated.  The first one to show up with $350 would be the new owner.  I knew I couldn't get hurt on the purchase as it is worth at least that much in scrap.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 02-04-2020

[attachment=16539][attachment=16542][attachment=16543][attachment=16540]
Well such is the life of mice & men.  Fortunately no one nor anything was damaged.  As one can see it is now sitting in the shop where I can get to it when time allows.

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 02-04-2020

Congratulations!!

How is not important ... done is!!

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 02-04-2020

On the bright side, it could have been worse. At least it wasn't on concrete and it picked the lesser of two evils when it chose to roll onto the right side instead of the left. (Hand wheel, electrical switches...)

Looking at the mass of that thing I could tell a little bit of sod wasn't going to have hurt anything anyway. Cool

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 02-05-2020

That left quite a dent in the sod! Big Grin

Glad it turned out ok.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 02-05-2020

I'm certain it weighs in right at 6K lbs/2700 Kg. I can simply fill in the hole this spring and throw some grass seed on top.