MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-24-2019

You do NOT have good luck with deliveries.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-24-2019

I've had it with UPS.  When it got to the point where the local UPS facility was simply shipping my orders back to the companies without notifying me of their arrival I raised all sorts of H E L L with the manager verbally ripping his head off in front of his employees.  The #@!$*## even returned my meds from the VA Pharmacy.  It all started when one of their drivers assaulted me by throwing a package in my face and the manager refused to take action.

At this point I will not do business with a company unless it is willing to ship to me via USPS or FedEx.  BTW, the VA Pharmacy now ships all my meds to me via USPS.

If you think the US Government is bureaucratic, try dealing with UPS sometime. Rant Bash Smiley-signs131 Angry

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Vinny Wrote: You do NOT have good luck with deliveries.

Ya think?

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 12-08-2019

I've been using the snot out of my good old Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner since 2004, and it's still going strong.

[attachment=16403]

But I've always hated it when I had items to clean that were just to big to fit into the tank, so I've taken it up a notch. I can only pray that I get the same longevity out of the new cleaner. 8 Gal (30 L), 600W ultrasonic, 500W heater. So they claim... Rolleyes

[attachment=16404]

[attachment=16405]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-10-2019

[attachment=16409]
[attachment=16410]
It followed me home.  I swear it did (on my trailer). :Big Grin

It also came with a refrigerator full of rods.

well if I could figure out how to edit the pic in the post

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 12-10-2019

(12-10-2019, 12:04 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: well if I could figure out how to edit the pic in the post

Quote:DSCN2134.JPG (JPEG Image, 2816 × 2112 pixels)

Cut the size of the pic in half then you will probably be able to rotate it.

It's well past the time allotment for editing

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 12-10-2019

(12-10-2019, 12:04 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: well if I could figure out how to edit the pic in the post

Fixed it for you.

Ed

(12-10-2019, 11:24 AM)EdK Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:04 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: well if I could figure out how to edit the pic in the post

Fixed it for you.

Ed

Thank you Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 12-12-2019

(11-24-2019, 12:44 AM)Highpower Wrote: Latest delivery. Seasonal UPS driver (temporary / short term for the holidays) in a U-Haul truck dropped this on my porch today and ran.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16394]

I tried to get Travers to send me a new center and adjustment knob for the missing / broken parts on this tail stock, but of course they would not do it. Instead they told me I would have to purchase another new tail stock and they would file a claim with UPS. So I did pay for another tail stock and this time Travers put the wooden crate inside a cardboard box before they shipped it.  Rolleyes

The second one arrived intact which was good. However UPS has still not come out to inspect the damage on the original shipment, and I told Travers customer service a couple days ago I'm not going to wait forever so you can just send me my credit NOW. I just got it today.

If UPS doesn't come and get it by the end of the year, I am declaring it abandoned property. I'll stick a new center in it and make a new knob for the adjuster. I can put both of them on the mill table and have a nice bench center.   Rotfl