MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 08:16 PM)TomG Wrote: I'm off to pick up a DoAll model ML bandsaw in the morning. It's a 16", variable speed machine with power feed and a blade welder and looks to be in its original paint. The guy originally had it listed for $500 and I jumped on it as soon as possible, but someone else was scheduled to look at it first. I asked if he would send me a few more images and I might be able to make him a better offer, which I did, and stole it out from under a guy who was actually there looking at it. Big Grin I think it's near you Vinny, on Hemingway Rd. in Lake Orion.

I'll get some pics posted tomorrow, when I actually see it.

Tom

Yep, Hemmingway is not far from me at all.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-07-2019

Without a pic it never happened. 468

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 11-07-2019

Well, it hadn't happened, but it has now. It has been successfully off loaded and moved into the garage without significant maiming. Big Grin It needs tires, a table insert and lower jaws for the welder, but it is otherwise a pretty solid machine. I believe most parts are still available from DoAll, so I won't have to make them.

Tom

[Image: 20191107_1240211.jpg]

[Image: 20191107_1240321.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-07-2019

What model number is that?

(11-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Vinny Wrote: What model number is that?

It's a model ML, a 16" saw with high and low range variable speed, power feed, welder, etc.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-07-2019

I have a manual for the 3613 which includes the butt welder if you want it.

(11-07-2019, 05:15 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have a manual for the 3613 which includes the butt welder if you want it.

Thanks Vinny, but that model doesn't seem to have much in common with the ML.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 11-07-2019

Well, only one thing to do now. Start shopping for accessories! Big Grin

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=6545

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 02:46 PM)TomG Wrote: Well, it hadn't happened, but it has now. It has been successfully off loaded and moved into the garage without significant maiming. Big Grin It needs tires, a table insert and lower jaws for the welder, but it is otherwise a pretty solid machine. I believe most parts are still available from DoAll, so I won't have to make them.

Tom

OK, now you get the well deserved YOU SUCK! award.   Rotfl Thumbsup Smiley-dancenana Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 11-24-2019

Latest delivery. Seasonal UPS driver (temporary / short term for the holidays) in a U-Haul truck dropped this on my porch today and ran.

[attachment=16394]

[attachment=16395]

Plastic quill adjustment knob shattered, paint & bondo chipped off the back side of the tail stock, ID plate scarred up & unreadable and the 'included' #2MT dead center is MIA. I imagine it was ejected out of the bottom of the crate somewhere along the route, after the tail stock blew out the side of the crate while bouncing and sliding around.

A couple of days ago the UPS driver also dropped off a new 8" H/V rotary table and indexing plates for me. And I mean literally 'dropped' it in the middle of my driveway after he tried to pick up the 95 lb. crate off of his 4 wheel combo cart/dolly.

Thankfully the crate hit the pavement on the opposite side from where the hand crank/worm gear was. It bowed out the side of the crate but luckily no real damage was done. Not so lucky on the tail stock today though. Oh, and the sector arms for the dividing plates are made of plastic too.  Smiley-gen151