MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 03-03-2019

[attachment=16120]

From Klingspor's Woodworking Shop.  20 lbs lathe bargain box of end rolls.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 03-03-2019

Made it over to Cardon Tools, they sell used and new old stock and new machinery. They had an anniversary sale on. Spent all the money I'd saved by not smoking for the last two months.
Had a pile of NOS Moore and Wright, the owner wasn't sure country of origin but said they were at least 20 years old. Bought a .0005 dial indicator, a 2 inch travel one and a dial calliper. A set of fine pole parallels for the surface grinder, again NOS not sure the make, looks like german writing on the box. The poles on my chuck are really coarse, can't hold a small washer to thickness it, on these it sticks solid. A set of very lightly used parallels, mine are probably 20 years old and well used. And a wheel for the grinder. And a couple of 1/2 carbide end mills with a fine pitch, one 4 and one 5 flute, expect they'd give an nice finish on the side.
[Image: N9YwgcLujDzceaKlZIRodtgBaAtC1fG5KblIZtBW...2-h1246-no]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 03-03-2019

Looks like money well spent, in more ways than one.

Nice haul!

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 03-06-2019

This came in the mail today. No more excuses now.
[attachment=16125]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 03-06-2019

You only got one? Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 03-07-2019

(03-06-2019, 07:24 AM)TomG Wrote: You only got one? Big Grin

You just have to have faith Tom.    Tongue

Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 03-07-2019

(03-07-2019, 02:18 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 07:24 AM)TomG Wrote: You only got one? Big Grin

You just have to have faith Tom.    Tongue

Big Grin

Well mine has just been seriously undermined!

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 04-10-2019

What did I get myself into this time?
Saw one of these in a tv series, sure it was placed there and panned many times as a subliminal sales ploy.
I bit !
Its a nixie clock kit. Hate to admit but I used electronics that had these for displays. 
Interestingly none of these tubes seem to be available in North America, guess stock was purged when they became obsolete. Russia seams to have a good stock yet, this kit came from Lithuania with CCCP  proudly etched in the glass. Guess they're like me and save everything.
Might be (sure there will be) questions to follow.

[Image: ab6bo-r3d-DvUlOQ5Zt5Ylr8SaEdyGDGdMfCrkxx...5-h1271-no]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 04-10-2019

I always wanted to build one of those, so I'll be watching with interest. How tall are the digits?

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 04-10-2019

The tubes are about 2 inches tall Tom with the digit about 5/8ths. Should be a fun project and a neat ornament in the living room.