MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 11-26-2018

Bless him, he did a couple of special long travel dti's for me a little while back. A very nice chap.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-26-2018

I went thru all the videos but didn't find the caliper videos. The DTI videos will get me on the right track. Thanks!!

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 11-26-2018

Recently disassembled, cleaned the movement in the ultrasonic bath, oiled and reassembled a 1/10ths indicator. Rather like doing brain surgery on a cat. The scary part was it worked when I was done.
Was dialling in a 1 inch hardened and ground shaft to make a test rod for the lathe. Used the 1/2 thou test indicator, then thought I'd dig out the never used 1/10ths one I had. Got no movement when I rotated the shaft, hum, the indicator seamed sluggish so I thought it needed cleaning. Hence the maintenance, after cleaning it was more responsive. Put it on the shaft, still not a wiggle. Guess the ground shaft was truly round and smooth and I hit it dead on with the 1/2 thou one.
Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn once in a while.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-26-2018

(11-22-2018, 02:56 PM)TomG Wrote: Made an Ebay score and added a nice Lufkin Mic to my collection. It's not NOS, but close to it and for $16, I couldn't resist. The Lufkin mics are handy to have around because they will fit into some spots that other brands won't.

Tom

[Image: 20181122_135010.jpg]

That's very nice.  My first mic is/was a 0-1" Lufkin.  Satin chrome, .0001" vernier, carbide faces and friction thimble.  Bought it at a San Diego pawn shop in 1974 for $25.00.  Still works like new.

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-27-2018

(11-11-2018, 07:15 AM)offir1007 Wrote: ÔBash Help!! Carradit lathe 15”
I open the electric plate off my lathe to fix the electric and my dog cut my wires
Please can some one send me the picture off the wires.

More than likely a late response.

But here goes anyway, are not the wires color coded?

I'm thinking the dog did not cut at the terminated end or incoming side, more likely in the middle of the run somewhere.

Hope you have it sorted out, and help did not bounce around the room after chomping thru the wires.

Pep

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-02-2018

[attachment=15948]

$200  Originally came from Mead Johnson.  Heavy duty & in very good condition.

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 12-03-2018

When I used to work in aviation, thirty some years ago, a lot of the air tools we used were made by Rockwell. I liked them a lot because they were industrial grade and fit into really tight spaces. Imagine my surprise when this Rockwell 3/8 drive nut runner popped up on Facebook Marketplace for $25.

Tom

[Image: 20181203_094658_1_.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Downwindtracker2 - 12-08-2018

From an Amazon sale. Mitutoyo 100-125 mm .01 micrometer . Sometime, I'll find a 125-150 and call it good. I like using metric when the parts are made in metric. I measured a couple of shafts , I should have used a metric mike instead of grabbing the first one I found. I wouldn't have to look it up on the chart. they were 17mm and 16mm, much simpler when ordering sprockets.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 02:20 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: From an Amazon  sale. Mitutoyo 100-125 mm .01 micrometer . Sometime, I'll find a 125-150 and call it good. I like using metric when the parts are made in metric. I measured a couple of shafts , I should have used a metric mike instead of grabbing the first one I found. I wouldn't have to look it up on the chart.  they were 17mm and 16mm,  much simpler when ordering sprockets.

Pic?

RE: Latest Delivery - Downwindtracker2 - 12-08-2018

Sorry ,I'm a old phart. my computer skills are pretty light. I guess you could notice the changes in the latest edition of Mitutoyo micrometers. The heavy plastic hand hold and the ,oh my gosh, a plastic ratchet. But overall all, a pretty standard holed C-frame mic. , Surprisingly, made in Japan, not Brazil. I would have expected one on sale from Amazon to be Brazilian made.