MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 08-09-2018

That ought to keep you occupied for a little while. So how many antennas came with it? Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 08-09-2018

Garden water hose works a treat as a conduit for trailer wiring, especially where bends need to be negotiated.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 08-09-2018

Mike, that's a great idea! There will be one of those bends where the trailer tilts up. Thanks!

Willie, none. The guy that bought the tower took most of them, someone else got the rest. Not a problem tho, I don't really have any place to put a big antenna. I just have a 50' push up mast. I'll be adding to my dipole in the near future now that I got a drone for putting wires up and have a couple of smaller antennas that will be going up (rotatable dipole for 20, 15, 10) and a ground plane for 6, 2 and 440. Actually he did give me a Hi-Q 3/80. It's a screwdriver antenna for the mobile. Needs a coil tho and Hi-Q isn't returning my email. Fixin to call them now.

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 06:35 PM)Vinny Wrote: .... now that I got a drone for putting wires up....

Wow, really? Jawdrop

I don't suppose they make drones that can drill holes into trees and masonry and install anchor eyelets do they? (I wish!)

I like the garden hose for conduit idea but I fear that unless you can store the trailer in full shade, UV rays are going to eat that hose alive eventually.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 08-09-2018

Well it is in full shade, the hose would be on the bottom side.

It'd be nice if the drone could do that. But I don't expect a $38 drone to work miracles. It's actually a $300 drone, but a number of folks are selling off old stock for about $60. The one I bought from had a 20% discount coupon code and I had some ebay bucks to spend. So end result was $38.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 08-10-2018

Use some HF straps and tie the drone to your back.  Take drill driver in hand and off ya go.  Big Grin  BTW, make sure you have someone on the ground recording the action and with a cell phone to call 911.  Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 08-10-2018

Good idea Stan but it would take a drone built by Sikorsky to get my fat... self off of the ground. Smiley-signs131

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 08-23-2018

(08-10-2018, 07:58 AM)EDr Stan Wrote: Use some HF straps and tie the drone to your back.  Take drill driver in hand and off ya go.  Big Grin  BTW, make sure you have someone on the ground recording the action and with a cell phone to call 911.  Rotfl

Famous (almost) last words:

Hey guys! Hold my beer, and watch this!   Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 10-06-2018

Answered an ad on Kijiji for a metal bender (which I bought) but the beter deal, actually might qualify for the You Suck of the year award, was a set of Stuart No4 steam engine castings. Get chatting with the father in law of the chap selling the bender and he asks if I might be interested in a set of castings. turns out he'd bought them years ago hoping his dad would sober up long enough to build it. Guess he didn't sober up. Had an inclining they were pricy so ask him what he wanted for them. He says, he'd love to see it built and you might be the person to do it, hows $50 sound. Wiatt Urp would be proud with how fast I drew my wallet. Just checked, they're now 370 pounds and 75 pounds shipping, thats $775 Canadian dollars. 

[Image: o2nxc3So6hhbBEA1EkiQU30_l_VlECRRL-BFJO8C...8-h1250-no]

[Image: VfaBkioHXcUnuuFRW8tnTNDolMKzgJvHZKdXa_IQ...8-h1250-no]

Not really sure if it qualifies as a model, 10 inches tall, 1 1/2 bore and 1 1/4 stroke.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 10-06-2018

You Suck You Suck