MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 09-15-2017

Replacing the fan in the HotRod garage, the one purchased last year was not cutting it.... Pretty sure this will fix that, and will keep leaves from blowing in and the bugs out when the door is up ..

What was ........... V

[attachment=15038]

What will be .........V

[attachment=15039]

1/2 hp......1/2" shaft........ blade guard has a torque spec 40ftlbs

[attachment=15040]

How about 7200 CFM low: 8130 high

Mounting it in the morning, beefed up a stud, had to wait 24hrs for the clue to take a set.

Greg

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 09-15-2017

(09-15-2017, 07:51 PM)Pete O Wrote: Looks like you better get on with raising that shed roof Stan.

Yep.  Going to Molar City Mexico on Wednesday to receive a tooth implant.  After that I should be able to concentrate on my projects.

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 09-22-2017

This arrived today from an eBay seller in the UK.
[attachment=15057]
4" sine bar tangental dresser for the surface grinder. The finish is cactus and it could use a new knob but the base and sine surfaces are good and the slide is nice and smooth. I need to buy a diamond for it- thankfully I hadn't got around to getting a new one for the plain dresser I have, the hole is a different size. I figure if I get a new diamond for this one, I can use it for straight dressing as well as angles.
I don't have any gauge blocks, plan to make a few specific size blocks to set the most-used angles.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 10-01-2017

Bought a set of Brown and Sharpe ).0001 mics from an E Bay seller. He works through a tool dealer close by so I can pick stuff up and save shipping. Got a call this week, he'd set them aside for me to pick up. His mum sold them again. He was very apologetic, I laughed and told him $hit happens. Said he'd make it good, had a set of Mitatoyo he'd give me. Told him great. Went to pick them up today and look at the European junk he pawned off on me. My god these things are smooth. The threads feel like they're floating. new old stock from a business they bought the stock from.

[Image: EdzvsM3LtU8uSyGbhei8B8K415bCSXwRAP3_CFEp...7-h1276-no]

Are they ever heavy.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 10-01-2017

Nice score Greg. Send his mom a Christmas card. Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 10-01-2017

Sweet. Is it just me, or are the spindles and anvils on #1 and #3 a bit larger in diameter than most mics?
They certainly do look heavy duty.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 10-01-2017

Good catch, yes they are 7.5 mm dia the 1-2 is 6.5 mm

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 10-07-2017

Hermes delivered a nice set of books from the 1940's that I got off ebay. All about metal workshop practices. There's roughly 300 pages in each of the 7 volumes, which should be interested reading for the rainy nights here in my neck of the woods.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 10-11-2017

Had a nice rainy day delivery this morning, a set of four cast iron levelling feet with anti vibration pads. They appear to be new old stock, and are marked " Air Loc  2VRC  K ". Each one is 3" x 6" and has a 1/2" of elevation adjustment, should be perfect for my future lathe installation.

Some great buys have been showing up on ebay lately.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 10-17-2017

[attachment=15172][attachment=15173][attachment=15174][attachment=15175][attachment=15176]

My new to me Rockwell Radial Arm Drill Press.  Supposedly it came out of a Ford transmission factory, I guess the maintenance shop.  There's a small crack in one corner of the table near a leg.  I'll get some nickel rod and repair it.

The vice on the other hand will require major surgery.  I have some cast iron from my conversion of my press so Ill probably make an insert for the vice once I've milled out the damage.  Probably bolt & pin it in place rather than weld it.  Have to see once I've started chewing on it.  The jaws will need to be replaced or re machined.

BTW, notice the shift pattern on the knobs.