MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 09-29-2014

I know the where about's of a solid carbide boring bar that's 4 inches in diameter and about 4 foot long if you need one a little bigger Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - PixMan - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 07:02 PM)dallen Wrote: I know the where about's of a solid carbide boring bar that's 4 inches in diameter and about 4 foot long if you need one a little bigger Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

OMG...I can't believe any company has ever made a SOLID piece of carbide that big! It must weigh a couple thousand pounds.

Pix or it doesn't exist! Big Grin

FWIW, I have solid carbide boring bars in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8", plus a solid carbide insert threading bar that's 3/16" and can do a 1/4" internal thread. Never tried that thing yet, but the day will come. I keep my eyes open for the right deal on a 3/4" and 1" solid carbide bar. I'd love to keep this De-Vi-Bar, but I know I'm going to make a $600 to $800 profit on it and could use the money more than I'd ever struggle with a big, deep bore.

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 09-29-2014

if they will let me take a photo of it the next time I go into town we don't get off the farm to much anymore so it may be while.

the counter guy told me that it was ordered by an outfit which returned it saying it wouldn't work, I told him they had one job that they needed it for and didn't want to pay the $5,000.00 for it.

its pretty impressive to look at seeing that it uses I think a tnmg 3XX insert,

I'll try to get a photo. don't see any reason they won't let me.

DA

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - Mayhem - 09-30-2014

Tell them you may have a prospective buyer who wants to see pictures.

I wonder what the "re-stocking" charge is on an item like that?

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 05:48 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Tell them you may have a prospective buyer who wants to see pictures.

I wonder what the "re-stocking" charge is on an item like that?

No, I'll just tell James that I want to take a photo of it, that I'm going to photoshop it onto my little 7X12 lathe

DA

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 09-30-2014

I found this while crawling around the web, I think from looking at the bolts that clamp the cutter bit in that its a little bigger then 4"

[attachment=9337]

DA

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 09-30-2014

Duct tape to the rescue again. Big Grin

Ed

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - kenne - 10-01-2014

(09-30-2014, 03:27 PM)EdK Wrote: Duct tape to the rescue again. Big Grin

Ed

Red Green would be proud , as a former member of the Possum lodge ,( My wife burned my membership card ) , I won't leave home without duct tape ....... Rotfl

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - dallen - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 12:07 AM)kenne Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 03:27 PM)EdK Wrote: Duct tape to the rescue again. Big Grin

Ed

Red Green would be proud , as a former member of the Possum lodge ,( My wife burned my membership card ) , I won't leave home without duct tape ....... Rotfl

here in Oklahoma we carry both Duct Tape and Bailing Wire, you never know what sort of problem may rear its ugly head.

DA

RE: Latest UPS Delivery - EdK - 12-04-2014

I took advantage of the 20% off everything and free shipping Enco recently had to get a few tools.

Ed

[attachment=9614]