MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 07-01-2017

If it's ABS google "acetone vapour smoothing"

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 07-01-2017

I was looking for the ABS Juice recipe earlier and came across that. Haven't read it yet but I still have the page up on another desktop. It sounds interesting... and useful!

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 07-01-2017

I just started looking into 3D printing after you posted. Since I'm retiring next year, this is my best time to jump into something new. Some of the things I wanted to make on my CNC mill (if I could ever get it running reliably) would be easy to print up.

BTW, the eBay listing for yours says they won't ship to Canada. Definitely looking for one that will handle the widest variety of filaments, right down to low-temp wax for making casting forms. Pretty cool stuff!

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 07-01-2017

The place I ordered from, and a number of others where the prices are similar, are using the same fulfillment house for these printers and the other items they sell. You'll probably have to find one with a significantly different price to not come from there and will ship to Canada.

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 07-02-2017

Hawkeye,
If you want to ship it to me in Seattle, you could pick it up here, or maybe we could meet somewhere in between.

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 07-02-2017

Thanks for the offer. I could get a box just across the border, but I'd need to get a passport to go down there. And you're right about finding one at a different price. Amazon.ca has some nice ones for about double what you paid. Only part of that is exchange rate.

Anyway, if i came down to see you in Seattle, I'd like to ride the Aspencade. I guess I could put the trailer hitch on it and tow the trailer ...

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-02-2017

Depending on the wall thickness I've seen printed parts hand sanded to improve their appearance then finished with some of the paint for plastics.

BTW, at that price point I need to begin seriously looking at 3D printing for my shop.

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 07-02-2017

Yeah, Stan. Even before I saw that price, I was hooked.

(07-02-2017, 02:41 PM)Hawkeye Wrote: Yeah, Stan. Even before I saw that price, I was hooked.

I'm in the process of raising my shop 4 ft so I can install my lift followed by restoration of my '66 Satellite convertible.  Seriously considering a 3 D printer along with a scanner to replicate hard to find parts.

Vinny,

Have you researched 3D scanners?  If so what have you found for the best bang for the buck?

Stan