MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 06-30-2017

I had no idea what it was until the last picture. At first I thought it might be the head assembly for a CNC router.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 06-30-2017

Guess I'm just a dinosaur, I didn't have a clue either, but then, I can't even program a VCR, and they have been obsolete since..... ? ? ?
It does look cool though. Thumbsup

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 06-30-2017

A couple more items showed up today. I have them all in one pic.

The bag at the top is some specialty filament for the printer from Micro-Mark. It has small rolls of Bronze, Magnetic Iron (it even rusts), Copper, Stainless Steel and Wood. All of it can be polished. Also is PETT (very flexible and strong) and Conductive.

The spools are all ABS. 18 different colors.

[Image: 3dprint-10.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 06-30-2017

Have fun. I am amazed just how useful my 3D printer has proved. In conjunction with Fusion360 to model things, all sorts of applications pop up and get made :)

RE: Latest Delivery - Hawkeye - 06-30-2017

Vinny, you've got me started doing my research. Which model of Prusa i3 is that? P802, M201 or ...?

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 07-01-2017

(06-30-2017, 10:20 AM)Vinny Wrote: The other day I saw a project on Thingiverse for taming wiring, a cable chain.

Are you talking about this stuff?

Igus Chain

We use it at work. I don't particularly care for it but it does the job, usually, but takes up a lot of room.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-01-2017

The last 3D printer I used cost $250,000 and I know they've come down considerably.  So how 'bout some specs?

Price

Working envelope

thinnest & thickest layer thickness

Cost of consumables

Speed in cubic mm or cubic inches per hour

anything else you consider of note

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 07-01-2017

Hawkeye: It's the TronXY with the 2017 updates. This one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Upgraded-Quality-High-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-From-USA-AL/112411389585?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 The box says P802, somewhere in the docs it says P802-S and also in the docs is says X6D.

Ed: Yep, that's the stuff. I started making a mold yesterday but ran outta mold making stuff. More on order, so I'll finish that next week. The guy that made the STL files slightly modified it so all the connectors for this printer will go thru it. As far as taking up room, that's something there is room for.

Doc: If you checked out the above link you already know it was $153.98. The max print size is 220 * 220 * 180mm. Layer thickness is between 0.1 and 0.4mm. I don't recommend the 0.1mm settings, I started a job yesterday around 2pm. It's only a box for holding 3x3 note cards (sticky notes). Here we are, 22+ hours later and it's STILL NOT DONE!!!

Consumables can be had pretty cheap, typical price is about $16/kg spool for PLA. ABS is a bit cheaper. That lot of 18 500g spools of ABS came out to about $3.50/spool. Not sure about the speed/hr. The only number they give is 40-120mm/sec.

Oh, one more thing. The control board they include has no extra ports on it. So I can't add the auto leveling or 3 color mixing print head without changing that out. Changing it out is a possibility, it's arduino and the firmware is available on reprap. The latest firmware also supports this print head I have coming. Also getting to know the firmware will come in handy, in the config you can set it to be either a 3D printer or a PCB Mill for making circuit boards - and that just happens to be on the project list!

Finally finished that print. I need to figure out how to get rid of the lines.

[Image: notecards.jpg]