MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 05-21-2017

The 6"-12" Starrett Mic. arrived,  and its Imperial, which is what I wanted !  
There is a little rust on the barrels of a couple of anvils and on the standards, but the contact faces are all clean.  Smile
The Mic head is a bit sticky, but that shouldn't be a problem to sort out. Only thing missing is the supplied wrench, which was pictured in the add. It might have got misplaced during packaging. Hopefully the seller can find it.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 05-25-2017

This arrived today, and at first glance I'm thinking .....  Smiley-signs139

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 05-25-2017

They say you can't always judge a book by its cover. Well, you can't always judge a tool by its container either.
The book is in good condition, and the 5" x 10" magnetic chuck is in very fine condition; almost new. I bought this chuck as its the right size for my recently acquired Herbert Jr. surface grinder. The 6" x 14" Walker-Hagou chuck I bought separately is  just too large.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 05-26-2017

Finally found an R8, ER-40 collet chuck at a reasonable price. Now I can use the ER-40 collets that I got for the lathe on the mill.  Smiley-dancenana

Ed

[attachment=14506]

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 06-28-2017

Today I received a book from Amazon. "Machine Tool Operation" - Part 1.
I've had the second volume, Part - 2, since I was in High School back in 1971.
It's nice to complete the set, as they both date from the mid 1950's.

I'm expecting a couple more deliveries this week. One tomorrow, (200 mile round trip), because I have to go and get them to deliver them to my self.

Here's a photo of the 600 page book.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 06-29-2017

I love a road trip, especially when there's something good waiting at the destination; so rather than go to the expense, and also take a chance that these gorgeous tool boxes would be damaged by careless handlers, I decided to put myself in charge of delivery. The roll cab's dark red color is exactly the same as the 8 drawer top box; my camera's lighting isn't the best.

The top box is: 40" x 20" x 19"
The roll  cab is: 40" x 20" x 37"

by SNAP-ON

Happy day !  Smile

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 06-30-2017

This arrived Wednesday

[Image: 3dprint-1.jpg]

Cool, huh?

Ok, ok, there's a little more to it than that.

Here's layer one of the inside...

[Image: 3dprint-2.jpg]

...and layer two...

[Image: 3dprint-3.jpg]

...and layer three...

[Image: 3dprint-4.jpg]

Figure out what it is yet?

Ok, this will be the giveaway as to what it is...

Partially assembled...

[Image: 3dprint-5.jpg]

and

[Image: 3dprint-6.jpg]

and

[Image: 3dprint-7.jpg]

and the rats nest of wiring that needs to be tidied up...

[Image: 3dprint-8.jpg]

And here it is in action.

[Image: 3dprint-9.jpg]

Worst part of the assembly was peeling off the paper on the acrylic parts. If not for that it would've been assembled in a couple of hours, instead it took 3-4 hours - there was A LOT of peeling.

The wiring is partially cleaned up. The other day I saw a project on Thingiverse for taming wiring, a cable chain. So I printed the two ends and one link of the chain. The one link I'll make a mold of and pour a bunch of - a lot quicker that way. Still have to figure out how to tame the wiring for the heated bed. There's not enough room for a chain so there's just a piece of that wrap around plastic coily stuff on it. A little stiffer than I want and will eventually break the wiring off from it.

But it's a new tool for the collection. Next is a CNC PCB router, then a 3D Scanner, then either an upgrade to this printer or make a new one for a tri color print head I have coming for it. It'll mix the colors in the nozzle so a full color print can be done.

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 06-30-2017

Vinny,
You're obviously having way too much fun!