MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 05-10-2017

We finally got a dry day to haul it home. Its pretty stout. Heavier than the pictures made it look, guessing 1500 to 2000 pounds. Filthy, sprayed it down with kerosine tonight, will degrease it and pressure wash tomorrow.
[Image: SPeo80Sqawo62x25dHbP7oeP2ibqWr0TSUPCpJvB...0-h1253-no]

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 05-11-2017

Whoohoo! New machine day!

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 05-11-2017

Almost a gallon of Super Clean, a lot of scrubbing and pressure washing later we have a clean press. Have to say it was dirtier than I even let tools get. But it cleaned up nice, the paintwork is good. No arc of shame on the table and everything moves smooth. Will have to get power over to it to spin it up now. Think I may put a VFD on it rather than power up the phase converter to drill a hole. Came with a Jakobs ball bearing 1/8 - 3/4 chuck in nice shape. The vice still needs a lot of cleaning, of course the bolt pattern doesn't match the shaper.
Unloaded it with the car hoist. Think it lifts more odd things than cars. Had to let the air out of the trailer tires to get it out from under it.
[Image: h0aTUbU4daJIwE2L4JfcnTjDiSWRhLjq05nhcKFt...7-h1276-no]

In its likely final spot.

[Image: -amo7rtWTIl24H_sDGkATZoPt7eMntmuClgVQFbf...0-h1253-no]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 05-11-2017

Nice!

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-11-2017

Pretty skimpy vise you got on that table.

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 05-12-2017

Not precisely a delivery, and certainly not a tool, but pretty cool vintage stuff.  I was at a motorcycle swap meet, and found 2 deco-era fans, one small oscillating desk fan, and another, this Vornado whole-room air circulator.  Took it apart and put new wire on it, and lubed up the motor (yes, it even has oiling tubes!) and away she goes.  It moves a LOT of air, and is really quiet.  I'll have to work on the balance - it shudders slightly when it runs on the fastest speed.

It's kinda crusty, and it would be nice to repaint it, but I doubt I will ever get around to it.

[Image: Vornado.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 05-12-2017

I like the patina.

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 05-12-2017

I went to a garage sale up by Vinny this morning (sorry Vinny) that had a ton of machinists tools and supplies. The prices were high, but he was a motivated seller and accepted a lot less. I went away with a large tap wrench and an Ingersol Rand impact wrench for $30 to replace the shitty Horror Fright one on my power drawbar. The find of the day was a box of 36 REX MM 3/8" tool bits. He wanted $2 a each, but took $15 FOR THE BOX. It also included an additional 9 brazed carbide bits. The REX bits are very old and as near as I can tell, the MM is an early designation for the Mo-Max line. Excellent HSS bits for about 42 cents a piece.

Tom

[Image: 20170512_131301.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-12-2017

You Suck But thanks for the heads-up on it earlier.

Did you leave anything? I may take a ride out there tomorrow.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 05-12-2017

Greg,

That is one good lookin' radial arm DP and a perfect size for a home shop.  Ya done good.   Thumbsup