MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 05-04-2017

I've run radial arm drill presses before, but they were huge, monstrous things. Never saw one so small and dare I say...cute! Big Grin

Nice score.

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 05-04-2017

That's certainly deserving of a You Suck or You Suck You Suck

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Roadracer_Al - 05-04-2017

Greg, awesome score!

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 05-04-2017

The Arboga's are seriously nice drills, with gearbox speed change - really stoutly made.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 05-04-2017

The "Opus 120 Die Filer" arrived late this afternoon at my storage unit, Its a heavy beast, but I like it ! Thumbsup  It has a small footprint which is about 16" x 20" and is roughly 5' tall. Came with a box full of accessories, including a dozen file holders, saw filing attachment with guides, a good inventory of various large files, and the hold down devices. Here's a quick photo after I unwrapped it; everything functions smoothly, but it needs a good clean.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 05-04-2017

I'll have to agree Ed, on this one I deserve a you suck, got it for the price of a small Chinese floor press. In the pictures it needs a good cleaning but apparently it all works. For what I was bidding it wasn't worth going to have a look. Im guessing I probably paid about 1 or 2 % of new.
I used a monster in the steel mills when I was a student Tom. If memory serves it had about a 6 or 8 foot arm, this one is 2.
This one has a two speed motor and 4 gear selections Andrew. 65-720 rpm.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 08:09 PM)f350ca Wrote: I'll have to agree Ed, on this one I deserve a you suck, got it for the price of a small Chinese floor press. In the pictures it needs a good cleaning but apparently it all works. For what I was bidding it wasn't worth going to have a look. Im guessing I probably paid about 1 or 2 % of new.
I used a monster in the steel mills when I was a student Tom. If memory serves it had about a 6 or 8 foot arm, this one is 2.
This one has a two speed motor and 4 gear selections Andrew. 65-720 rpm.

In that case you definitely deserve You Suck You Suck You Suck You Suck

and just for good measure...

You Suck

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 05-04-2017

I ran one similar to this in a tool and die shop, made by American Tool Works. You could put a 4" twist drill in it and it wouldn't even grunt. I was 16 or 17 at the time. Good thing my mom didn't know what I was doing. Big Grin

Tom

[Image: cincibickfordrs.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 05-05-2017

That looks like the one I used too.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 05-10-2017

Certainly larger than the ones we had onboard either of the ships I was on.  Only place I worked that had one was Columbus-McKinnon and it was the same size as the ship board units.  Saw one of similar size at one of the ship yards.