MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-30-2017

Are the markings and display in Polish?

Is that an amp or a preamp? The tubes look like 12AX7s which would indicate preamp.

Ok, I'll share some electronics too. After I get the bench clean I'll take a pic of all of it, but in the mean time this arrived yesterday. The empty space is for plugins. There's one in it, I have one on the say and I've got my eye out for one other one. But knowing me, I'll start collecting the damn things like the others.

[Image: 11403.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 04:46 PM)Vinny Wrote: Are the markings and display in Polish?

Rotfl no Vinny, they're in real English.

Brymen is sold mostly in Europe but they re-brand some for the USA market. Some of the Greenlee DMMs are re-branded Brymens but they cost a whole lot more than the equivalent Brymen.

Ed

(03-30-2017, 04:41 PM)f350ca Wrote: To go along with Ed's electronics.

[Image: lc7xMKZoVVsu1kDhNl0z6mD-g9znTbllIY1L3Lmu...7-h1276-no]

The pots for the volume control on my old solid state pre-amp were shot. On a whim I ordered this off Amazon, always wanted to try a tube amp. WOW !!! this thing is unbelievably clean and so smooth.

Yea, there's something about tube amplifiers that gives them a very special sound.  Smiley-gen163

Greg, May I send you a shop vac to clean off your audio gear?

Ed

(03-30-2017, 05:03 PM)Vinny Wrote: Ok, I'll share some electronics too.  After I get the bench clean I'll take a pic of all of it, but in the mean time this arrived yesterday.  The empty space is for plugins.  There's one in it, I have one on the say and I've got my eye out for one other one.  But knowing me, I'll start collecting the damn things like the others.

[Image: 11403.jpg]

1GHz bandwidth?  You Suck   You Suck   You Suck

Ed

(03-30-2017, 05:11 PM)EdK Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 05:03 PM)Vinny Wrote: Ok, I'll share some electronics too.  After I get the bench clean I'll take a pic of all of it, but in the mean time this arrived yesterday.  The empty space is for plugins.  There's one in it, I have one on the say and I've got my eye out for one other one.  But knowing me, I'll start collecting the damn things like the others.

1GHz bandwidth?  You Suck   You Suck   You Suck

Ed

Yep. The current plugin is only good to 400MHz, the one that's due here tomorrow is 600MHz. The one I'm stalking is the 1GHz.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 03-30-2017

Is there such a thing as 6J1 tube Vinny. Thats what the ad says.
Preamp feeding two Hafler power amps, one 110 watt per side driving two old 16 inch Tannoys and a 250 watt per side driving three panel Accustat electrostatics.
Need my toons to do cabinet work.
If I cleaned up the dust Ed it wouldn't look like I was doing anything.
I mustn't have got a rebranded Brymen, my Greenlee wasn't expensive. But its better than sticking my finger in the light socket to see if its live.

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 12:10 PM)EdK Wrote: I read a lot of reviews of DMMs before I ended up choosing this one. It's one of their top of the line meters. It's not sold in the USA so I had to order it from Poland. Shipping was only $9.90 and it took three days to get here.

Here's a link to a spreadsheet listing the features of a lot of DMMs: DMM Spreadsheet

Ed

How much was the meter and from whom? 

I should probably step up from the ones I have.

(03-30-2017, 07:17 PM)f350ca Wrote: Is there such a thing as  6J1 tube Vinny. Thats what the ad says.
Preamp feeding two Hafler power amps, one 110 watt per side driving two old 16 inch Tannoys and a 250 watt per side driving three panel Accustat electrostatics.
Need my toons to do cabinet work.
If I cleaned up the dust Ed it wouldn't look like I was doing anything.
I mustn't have got a rebranded Brymen, my Greenlee wasn't expensive. But its better than sticking my finger in the light socket to see if its live.

Yeah, they're Chinese tubes and are supposed to be equivalent to the 6AK5 but side by side comparisons folks think the 6AK5 sounds better.