MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 03-03-2017

Vinny - your pics loaded and then were replaced by the placeholder.

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 03-03-2017

Today's delivery (delivered by me to myself) was a bunch of lathe toolholders and a table extension for the shaper. The toolholders are hiding somewhere inside these forks
[attachment=14285]
and the shaper table extension is hiding somewhere inside this chunk of 1 1/4" plate that I spotted near the forks at the scrap metal yard
[attachment=14286]

There might even be a couple of angle brackets hiding in the forks also.
[attachment=14287]

Come to think of it there is probably a back injury tucked away somewhere in there too.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 03-03-2017

Nice haul. How thick are the tynes Pete?

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 05:30 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Vinny - your pics loaded and then were replaced by the placeholder.

What placeholder? I only see the pics I linked to.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 11:46 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 05:30 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Vinny - your pics loaded and then were replaced by the placeholder.

What placeholder?  I only see the pics I linked to.

The pictures are showing up for me also. 17428

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 06:41 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Nice haul. How thick are the tynes Pete?

The upright part of the tynes are 50x130mm.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 03-04-2017

Pictures are showing now, so whatever it was, it is sorted.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 03-09-2017

The UPS dude showed up yesterday.

[Image: XEd0hBs.jpg]

I had a Taiwanese 4" Kurt clone and tried to find a mate to it, but came up empty.  A friend needed modifications to his lathe tailstock so he could peck drill when making pens.  I mentioned I wanted a mate to my vise but was having difficulty finding one about the same time as he decided to buy a mill.  So we struck a deal on my vise and he ordered two 4" ones from Shars while he was submitting a fair sized order.  He also received a 10% discount as it was his first Shars order.

I already had the one swivel base sprayed down with LPS 3 and bagged up for storage.  After I took the pic I did the same with the vise on the left.  It would have been nice to find a couple of used Kurt 4" vises, but these should do just fine as I'm not making aerospace or nuclear power plant parts.

RE: Latest Delivery - texx - 03-13-2017

gday , just bought this machine on the weekend and i would like to find an owners manual for it . hpe some one may have a pdf or something on the machine.
i have posted it in another metal work forum but no replies as yet , so i thought i would try here as there would be members here that are not members of the other forum , i have also just flicked an email off to warren and brown so wait and see if they reply .
the machine is a warren and brown (repco ) drillsharpener model 430B in very good nick and complete with all the collets .
johno

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 03-17-2017

I finally found a shaper vice. Spotted it on eBay and hit 'but now' with scarcely a thought of how I was going to retrieve it from Sydney; I was prepared to make the 2-day round trip if necessary. I booked a courier, they lost it, overnight courier ended up taking a week and I picked it up from their depot today.
[attachment=14314]
[attachment=14315]
Someone had gone to the trouble of locating it to the heavy piece of steel plate with a couple of dowel pins. I assume it's been used on a mill and that's the only way they could mount it. I removed the plate and mounted it on the shaper, here it is all dialed in parallel to the ram
[attachment=14316]
The jaws are a tad over 9" wide and open to 9 1/2" before fouling the handle- could probably get another inch if I make a deep-socketed handle.
The square drive is the same size as the rest of the shaper which is handy- the straight handle that was with the vice gives better leverage than the existing crank and I've found that the ram adjustment has to be done up pretty tight to prevent slipping. This should make that easier.
[attachment=14317]
The tag is almost completely illegible- I can just make out the name 'EXCEL' at the top.
[attachment=14318]