MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 01-26-2017

I have the same one. HF wanted $299 and three or four guys on ebay were selling them for about $140 plus or minus a bit. The one I got was $137 delivered. I thought about selling it but it breaks down and stashes pretty easily so I kept it. It's been borrowed by a number of friends since then. Better than them paying $40-$50/day at home depot to rent.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 01-26-2017

I had a few things on order, some from the us and some from outside and last Monday (MLK day) I ended up in the hospital. Long story short, triple bypass later I'm back home and it looked a bit like Christmas with all the packages that showed while I was gone.

Here are the SCLCR tool holders with inserts. The shaft sizes are 8mm and 12mm. Hopefully I'll soon see how well they do in the two lathes (mini and Logan)
[Image: sclcr.jpg]
[Image: inserts.jpg]

The new drain valve for the compressor finally showed up. Apparently I ordered it when some weather went thru and a few days worth of shipments got pushed to the back, this included. Anyway, here it is.
[Image: drainvalve.jpg]

And last but not least, for setting those angles there's this. Seems the earlier ones had some bad reviews but the newer ones did not. One of them was zeroing and this doesn't have the problem others complained about so it's not an old one.
[Image: prot.jpg]

The rest is just a bunch of boring electronic stuff.

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 01-26-2017

Certainly glad you're back home. Remember, TAKE YOUR TIME to recover.

Damn, it seems like it's one thing or another, once we hit a certain age.

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 01-26-2017

This getting old isn't for the faint of heart. As an old friend once said, the only thing golden about your golden years is your pee.

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 01-26-2017

And that's if you're lucky...

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 01-27-2017

Get well soon Vinny ....... !

Should have bought the Moisture Minder for that drain way better product.

Greg

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 01-27-2017

Yeah, but the moisture minder is at the cheapest 4 times what I paid. 11 times at the high end. I don't like the fact that it's activating every 45 mins, but at it's lowest setting it only goes for a half a second. As little as this compressor runs, it only generates about a half cup every 6 months or so.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 10:13 AM)Vinny Wrote: ...I don't like the fact that it's activating every 45 mins...

Someone with your abilities could have cooked up something suitable with a solenoid and a 555 timer. That is the plan once I get my compressor set up.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 10:57 AM)Mayhem Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 10:13 AM)Vinny Wrote: ...I don't like the fact that it's activating every 45 mins...

Someone with your abilities could have cooked up something suitable with a solenoid and a 555 timer.  That is the plan once I get my compressor set up.

If it gets annoying, I'll have some words with it. The drain will be directed into the urinal which is right next to the compressor. Might be worth the price of admission when it goes off while someone's peein!

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 11:16 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 10:57 AM)Mayhem Wrote:

Someone with your abilities could have cooked up something suitable with a solenoid and a 555 timer.  That is the plan once I get my compressor set up.

If it gets annoying, I'll have some words with it.  The drain will be directed into the urinal which is right next to the compressor.  Might be worth the price of admission when it goes off while someone's peein!
Or video it and post to MWF Smiley-dancenana