MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 08:01 PM)Mayhem Wrote: So it was the size of the box and not the crooked sticker then?

Affirmative! Smile

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 01-07-2017

Seems this is a trend.  Latest delivery from CPO Outlets:

[Image: s5AcFIB.jpg]

Shipping box; box with Bosch 1/2" drill driver, batteries & charger; and package of blades for Bosch oscillating tool.

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 01-07-2017

As you all have suggested the size of the box in relation to the contents is often disproportionate.

What I find amusing is the way it is packed. A huge box with a small item and the small item is at one end of the box and the rest is the pillow packing. Therefore a blow at the end with all the pillow packing allows the pillow packing to do its job. But if the blow comes at the end with the item then the item protects the pillow packing from being damaged  Cool .

If the pillow packing was on both sides of the item then I could see the extra space in the box being used to protect the item. As it is I just see it as areas of opportunity for the item\shipping box algorithm to be improved.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 01-07-2017

Big box, small item, one section of pillow packaging. That happens often. I'm wondering what they're thinking? 17428
Oh, that's right, they aren't.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 01-07-2017

(01-07-2017, 11:00 AM)EdK Wrote: Big box, small item, one section of pillow packaging. That happens often. I'm wondering what they're thinking?  17428
Oh, that's right, they aren't.

Ed

I worked as a manufacturing engineer at the UniFirst distribution center.  The hourly employees all had minimum hourly production rates well above what should have been realistic and a friend's  son works at UPS in Louisville in a similar situation.  Ditto for TTMA, Toyota's stamping plant in KY and the assembly plant in Indiana.  The entire welding division at the TTMA Texas facility walked out, including the supervisors, due to the working conditions, long hours, etc.   So they're going to do whatever it takes to maintain speed.

Management as envisioned by General Patton & Jack Welch.   Whip

My delivery only had a small amount of heavy packing paper and a sticker on the outside warning of fragile lithium batteries.  It rattled a lot and was partially crushed.  Fortunately no hidden damage.

I forgot I had ordered these. I got sick of having to change inserts from roughing to finishing so I ordered a couple more tools from Latheinserts.com.

Ed

[attachment=14085]

RE: Latest Delivery - Old Minger - 01-07-2017

Ed,

Darren pointed out that you had just posted a pic of the very tool holder I should be looking at.
[attachment=14089]

i still think we have it better than all you poor sod's in Australia!

(01-07-2017, 08:38 PM)Old Minger Wrote: Ed,

Darren pointed out that you had just posted a pic of the very tool holder I should be looking at.

i still think we have it better than all you poor sod's in Australia!

Yup, those are a good comprise between junk and expensive.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 01-08-2017

(01-07-2017, 08:38 PM)Old Minger Wrote: ...i still think we have it better than all you poor sod's in Australia!

Why do you think I buy most of my tooling in the U.S.?

I generally attend an annual conference in the U.S. and either get the tooling shipped to my hotel or to a member that I'm able to visit. Tom has hosted me once and because Emirates use Boston as a hub, I have visited PixMan several times. Ed is on my list when I get the the opportunity.

Much easier when I get to bring stuff back in my luggage but I also get stuff shipped to someone in the U.S. and then have them post it on to me. Generally this is when the U.S. seller wont ship direct to Aus. It is such a saving for me on local costs, even when including the shipping cost. In fact, Ed just sent a package my way...

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 01-25-2017

[Image: deIa6P5.jpg]

Future welding bench.  Bought it & two 2 drawer file cabinets for $40.00.

My Hotline (discount) account was about to expire at Northern Tool & I had a $50.00 card along with a free shipping coupon.  I went ahead & bought the drywall lift to help raise the stem walls to raise my shop to 12'.  Should be able to get my money back on Craig's List after I've finished with the lift.

[Image: b4wIkAN.jpg]