MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 12-21-2016

Vice fettish Mike?

RE: Latest Delivery - Mike E. - 12-22-2016

(12-21-2016, 07:59 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Vice fettish Mike?

And how many drill bits do you have ?  Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 12-22-2016

two but one is blunt Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 12-22-2016

Does blunt mean it's really an end mill?

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 12-22-2016

(12-22-2016, 05:30 AM)Mayhem Wrote: two but one is blunt Big Grin

Maybe putting it in the chuck with the end with the flutes sticking out will help?

RE: Latest Delivery - wawoodman - 12-22-2016

No, that one's for drilling in the other side of the block.   Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - f350ca - 12-22-2016

That reminds me of the roofer who hired a new helper. He watches and the guy is throwing half the nails away. What are you doing he asks, the guy tells him the head is on the wrong end of the nail. You fool they're for the other side of the roof.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-22-2016

Latest delivery from Northern Tool:

[Image: ACLF83W.jpg]

[Image: WjaaECU.jpg]

After I picked up my new to me car lift the cylinder gave out on my engine hoist.  I bought it used 12 years ago and I was tired of pumping it up, so it was time for a replacement.

The new coupler/brake actuator is to replace the one on my 25 yr old 6 X 8 ft tilting trailer.  Decent lifetime IMHO.  This one has a solenoid to disable the unit when backing up.  The original one had a poorly designed lock-out mechanism that would not stay in its backing position.

Plus I used a $20.00 gift card and am a member of NT's "Hot Line".  The purchase also qualified me for another $60.00 gift card.   Big Grin

Good deal all around.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 12-22-2016

The new cylinder was on sale for $87.99.

The surge brake was $149.99.

Also bought some replacement tips for my plasma cutter to bring the total to just over $250.00.  This made me eligible for the $60.00 gift card. Big Grin 

BTW, the surge brake is to replace one on my 6 X 8 ft tilt bed trailer.  The existing one is around 25 years old and needs replacing.
The up-grade certainly is a nice bonus.  No more getting out of the truck, disabling the brake, and having to repeat the process every time it slipped back into activated mode.  Eventually resorted to Southern Engineering and kept it in place with annealed wire.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 12-27-2016

I finally remembered to order this. Every time I think about it I'm not near a computer. The other day both happened at the same time, so I ordered and it arrived today!

[Image: ar.jpg]

It'll be a while before I start on it tho. There's tooling needed for it that I don't have yet and I've been busy getting the electronics bench set up the way I want it - and I'm still not there yet.

On another note...

I've been slowly working toward CNCing my 7x mini lathe. John in the ELS yahoo group (ELS = Electronic Lead Screw) mentioned that linuxcnc has been adapted to work on the Beagle Bone Black - which I just happen to have one here. So I figured, 7in lathe, 7in touchscreen for it.

[Image: 7indisplay.jpg]

That showed up today too. The rest of the stuff that's been showing up is just boring electronic stuff like this component tester - I imported a few of them for resale.

[Image: tester.jpg]

That's' about all for now.