MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-09-2016

ordered this Monday, Amozon got it here today, never spotted or heard the drone. They do pretty well pice and delivery wise...

Anyone have one, it is auto off only correct, the english instruction had no mention of it.

[attachment=13893]

greg

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 11-10-2016

I have a slightly older one of those and it is indeed auto shutoff only.

Ed

[attachment=13894]

RE: Latest Delivery - rleete - 11-10-2016

So many zeros...

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 11-12-2016

Evening Lads  Smile

The last of the T2 tool holders arrived this morning , the post man loves me   Big Grin

[Image: P1140309_zpsqi0iqayc.jpg]

I picked up a second T2 Tool post to replace the ye oldie 4 way on the Student Lathe .

[Image: P1140312_zpsejho6kso.jpg]
[Image: P1140313_zps1jib4slc.jpg]

This way bought Colchester lathes can share the same tooling . 

Cheers Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 11-12-2016

Nice score Rob but I think you will actually need to take the old one off first. Mounting the Dickson toolpost behind it won't be of much benefit.

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 11-13-2016

(11-12-2016, 08:37 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Nice score Rob but I think you will actually need to take the old one off first.  Mounting the Dickson toolpost behind it won't be of much benefit.
Hi Darren 

Dam ! I thought something did not look quite right  Slaphead

Rob  Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 11-13-2016

I have a vague and dim recollection that when I took the four way off one of my Colchester Students many years ago to fit a Dickson, the spigot for the four way was part of the casting of the top slide. Rather than wreck it I made a new top slide.

(11-13-2016, 04:27 AM)awemawson Wrote: I have a vague and dim recollection that when I took the four way off one of my Colchester Students many years ago to fit a Dickson, the spigot for the four way was part of the casting of the top slide. Rather than wreck it I made a new top slide.

Got to ask Andrew , why would anyone ever want to put a ye oldie 4 way tool post back on , did you ? I bet the old top slide is just sitting in a draw some where just taking up space . 

Mine will just be modified to take the Dickson tool post . Saving time,space and materials    Big Grin

Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - awemawson - 11-13-2016

The four way has a lot more rigidity than the Dickson which is quite a cantelever

(11-13-2016, 06:26 AM)awemawson Wrote: The four way has a lot more rigidity than the Dickson which is quite a cantelever

Well yes , a lantern tool post is even stiffer again . All  the machine shops I have been in only the larges lathes still use an old style shim up tool post .

So did yours ever go back on ?