MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-06-2016

@mayhem
X axis is good, moved the mill out from the wall some... new stuff never fits or bolts right on. All part of the puzzle.

@ Jack
Thanks Jack, the QCTP is like the king's crown sitting up there........ about that floor space, I am trying to forget it's there, noticing it could cost me dough.

@ Rob
Thanks, glad you like it, those machines represent funds received from selling a Harley. Bought it new in 73 and it sold last year about this time. Well spent I might add and will get more fun and use from them.

Today put a light over the lathe, it plugs into a power strip mounted below the pencil sharper. Everything along the wall is in it. When done turn off power strip, shuts everything down. No more forgetting to turn off the mills PF cause there's no power indicator.

[attachment=13891]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-07-2016

(11-06-2016, 08:45 PM)pepi Wrote: When done turn off power strip, shuts everything down. No more forgetting to turn off the mills PF cause there's no power indicator.

I had a bad habit of not turning off my 120 gallon 10hp compressor.  It's single phase so I simply pulled 110 off one of the leads and ran a neutral from the box.  Installed a duplex box, an outlet , then used a night light as the indicator.  Did the same for my 110 V water heater only made it a switched outlet with two outlets & a switch.  Installed a night night and have not forgotten to turn it off since.

Now if I could just remember . . . 17428

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-07-2016

One thing about the light above the lathe ....... it is hard to miss at any angle. I can even see it backing down the drive LOL a glaring (pun) reminder..

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 11-07-2016

I placed an order today, from Frank The Chinaman, for another dozen, of the AXA QCTP blocks. Placed an order, with the local bolt supplier, for 500 of the 8 mm x 1.25 mm x 20 mm, square head set screws. Then placed an order for CCMT 32.51 inserts and CCMT 21.51 inserts from ISI Direct.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 11-07-2016

I have to ask. Why do you need so many tool holders? IIRC you recently mentioned having 200 of them already!

Are you replacing the crap dog point screws with new ones and then on selling for a tidy markup? Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 11-07-2016

These will be for me, I just picked up a new set of lathe tools, these will allow me to get them set up, ready to use them.

Yes, I change the set screws. I also have 2-3 more that I need to make the boring bar holder for,  a couple more of the sleeve type.

The customer has enough of them right now.

I have about 50-60 of them loaded up, right now

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 11-07-2016

You can never have too many tools. Yikes

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-08-2016

(11-07-2016, 06:08 PM)the penguin Wrote: These will be for me, I just picked up a new set of lathe tools, these will allow me to get them set up, ready to use them.

Yes, I change the set screws. I also have 2-3 more that I need to make the boring bar holder for,  a couple more of the sleeve type.

The customer has enough of them right now.

I have about 50-60 of them loaded up, right now

Jack,

Got a question.......

Changing all those set screws would that qualify as light duty ? 
Happyyes
Speedy recovery request sent your way.

greg

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 11-08-2016

Will a 9-16"-18 x 8", B-7 all thread stud, be long enough??

I'll get you 40 or so of the 8mm square head set screws

Maybe throw in  a chuck of 1" thick teflon

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 10:16 PM)the penguin Wrote: Will a 9-16"-18 x 8", B-7 all thread stud, be long enough??

I'll get you 40 or so of the 8mm square head set screws

Maybe throw in  a chuck of 1" thick teflon

perfect .........

Thanks,
greg