MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 01:21 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 09:46 AM)TomG Wrote: is to enclose it in a soundproof box.

I'd worry about overheating it, unless you fan-cooled it, and had the intake & exhaust go through a serpentine baffle.

Yes Al, it would definitely need to be vented.

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 11-03-2016

Cheers Lads 

Aye ,,,I had a rotary phase converter years ago that used to growl a tad , we will see what this one is like   Chin   I have a good selection of rubber mounts at hand  and my home is brick built  Big Grin

Well today I came across a canny find , one that will solve one of my on going problems , how to make my limited workshop space hold more .  

The story goes like this  Big Grin as I was leaving a job in Newcastle were I noticed a new ALDI store and fancying making a pot of goulash at the weekend ,thought aaarh ALDI do good rump stake ,so swings the van about and goes shopping ,well wile minding my own businesses decided whether to get some gnocchi my eyes fell upon these wall cabinets . 

[Image: P1140286_zpsasyei4xc.jpg]
[Image: P1140287_zpssvfsykdu.jpg]

Reduced to £15   , so I went and payed for my groceries and popped back into the store for four of them ,thinking they would be ok ,

So gets home and whacks one together and was pleasantly surprised at the quality .

[Image: P1140283_zps4z8bxnbr.jpg]
[Image: P1140284_zps4jqvclj3.jpg]
 [Image: P1140285_zps7adtajak.jpg] 

So much so I nipped back to the Forden store and bought six more (all that they had ) 

[Image: P1140291_zpsn7depiph.jpg]

So I now have six meters of cabinet space to fill  Cool

Cheers Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 11-03-2016

Those look nice for what you paid. Nice score!
I think £15 is about $19 here. Not bad at all.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 04:09 PM)EdK Wrote: Those look nice for what you paid. Nice score!

Ed

Aye cant complain Ed they were reduced from £25 ,,,,,,,, I have just bough a few plastic 25ltr storage bins with lids at £10.50 each . 

They come with a heavy wall cleat to mount them .  They are really well packages as well . 

I could not even come close to that prices if I had to make them . 

Only gripe is the gay checker plate look on the doors , it look worse in the photos  Bash

Rob

RE: Latest Delivery - krv3000 - 11-03-2016

brill score rob I will have to check out the one near me Thumbsup Drool

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 04:09 PM)EdK Wrote: Those look nice for what you paid. Nice score!

Ed

We had an Aldi set up shop in town around a year or two ago.  Excellent grocery store lets its checkout clerks sit down and is closed on Sunday.  Every now & then one can also find good deals such as the cabinets.

On yeah before I forget Rob: You Suck

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 04:49 PM)RobWilson Wrote: Only gripe is the gay checker plate look on the doors , it look worse in the photos

Spray paint them silver. Big Grin

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 11-03-2016

Ed, I think it's the diamond plate look he doesn't like.

Darren, Mike and Rob... You Suck You Suck You Suck

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 08:10 PM)EdK Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 04:49 PM)RobWilson Wrote: Only gripe is the gay checker plate look on the doors , it look worse in the photos

Spray paint them silver.  Big Grin

Ed

How about fuchsia?   Rotfl

RE: Latest Delivery - RobWilson - 11-04-2016

(11-03-2016, 08:10 PM)EdK Wrote:

Spray paint them silver.  Big Grin

Ed

Rotfl Spot on Vinny ,,,,,,,,,, Ed   I had not misspelled Gray   Big Grin ,,,,,,,I dislike the use of checker plate for anything other than tread plates ,
             all other uses of the material is just pure cheeeeese  Slaphead

Rotfl  Stan I could not go fuchsia as it  would be seen as  copying Darren's shop colour scheme  Big Grin

Rob