MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 09:44 AM)EdK Wrote: The lathe tool arrived from LittleMachinShop.com yesterday. Nicely made tool.

Ed

damn!! that looks familiar.................

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 09-29-2016

Arrived today from the Surplus Center.  They will make the mod to my forklift so much easier.

Thank you Hightower

[Image: FSCN1637_zpshyeqjncz.jpg]

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 09-30-2016

Wow, that was quick. I place an order with the Surplus "Shed" over two weeks ago and still haven't gotten squat.

Do let us know how it works out for you.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 09-30-2016

I may or may not make the mod before I start raising my roof.  On the plus side it should not take long and may prove useful on the project.  However I've been moving stuff around in the shop and will have to uncover my mill as I plan to do the roof raising in 3 sections.

I still need to fab up a shingle, tar paper & sheeting conveyor out of wood.  That should also go quickly.  However everyone here knows how plans can become nightmares.  Just planted two spruce trees near the front corners of the house.  On the first hole I encountered lots of dense grade/medium size gravel which made digging the hole take several hours given the condition of my right foot & lower back.  The 2nd hole took 30 to 45 minutes including planting the tree as it was in nice soft soil.  Go figure.   Sweat

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 10-01-2016

As my new parting tool has failed to arrive, that will teach me to try to save 25% (now scheduled to arrive 10/7/16) , I got some GMM2020 inserts and used the Kyrocera parting tool (marketed by Grizzly) to finish my stainless steel spud job. It worked very good, the thin 2 mm cut, made the job easy. The cut quality was good, almost to the point, where it looked like I faced the tube after the parting operation. The cut was good enough to use and the end was pressed in and the orifice holes drilled, they were boxed up and on there was to the job.

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 10-03-2016

my order for a dozen, 1/2" 4 flute, Al Tin coated carbide end mills from Titan USA, arrived today. The end mills are made in West Springfield, Ma, somewhere close to Ken locale.

RE: Latest Delivery - EdK - 10-03-2016

Jack,

HSS or carbide? How much were they? I'm always looking for a good deal on 1/2" end mills.

Ed

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 05:49 PM)EdK Wrote: Jack,

HSS or carbide? How much were they? I'm always looking for a good deal on 1/2" end mills.

Ed

Ed,

Carbide, not sure on the price yet, will know in a day or two.

The last order of HSS end mills, came from Korea, through my ex-BIL, they sell in the Caribbean and in South America, out of a facility in San Juan. I'd like to buy more, but his boss is nervous, they are not chartered to sell in the US. The last load was sent as "samples".

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 06:02 PM)the penguin Wrote: The last order of HSS end mills, came from Korea, through my ex-BIL, they sell in the Caribbean and in South America, out of a facility in San Juan. I'd like to buy more, but his boss is nervous, they are not chartered to sell in the US. The last load was sent as "samples".

Guess you need more samples to try out. Smiley-eatdrink004

I'm sure there are other members, like me, who would like to test the product.

RE: Latest Delivery - PixMan - 10-03-2016

Titan is close enough to me, but I get mixed reviews of their end mills. For home shop guys I'm sure they're fine, it's commercial shop owners who know what a carbide end mill should do and try to push them harder who aren't all pleased with them. Assuredly, far better than any unknown import.