MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - Highpower - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 07:13 AM)arvidj Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 06:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Well my mister showed up today.  Now I just need to build a portable stand for it.

Vinny,

I'm awaiting your review of this mister.
Arvid

Same here. I'm curious about what kind of mixing range you are able to get out of it. That is, how well you can fine tune the air/coolant ratio and volume. I have a "Kool-Mist" unit that does nothing but fog up my entire shop with fine particulates in the air, to the point where it's very unhealthy to breath in.

I have since replaced it with a Noga mini-cool unit that is adjustable to the Nth degree and I no longer have a fogging problem. Of course I had to pay a heck of a lot more than $5.75 for it! Yikes
By the way, the magnetic base lets me move it just about anywhere. Something to consider if you have an old mag base sitting around Vince.

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 09-11-2016

An old mag base? LOL, I picked up 8 of 'em at an auction not long ago! I think that'll work better than a stand. Good idea!!!

I just checked it out, no video, I was just using water thru it and it was too hard too see (not much light by the sink). I was able to go from just air, to a fine mist, to a heavy fog. I'll see about getting some video tomorrow outside.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 05:15 PM)Vinny Wrote: An old mag base?  LOL, I picked up 8 of 'em at an auction not long ago!  I think that'll work better than a stand.  Good idea!!!

Holding out on us are ya?

Well then I guess this is appropriate.   You Suck You Suck You Suck

Smiley-dancenana

(09-11-2016, 06:34 PM)Vinny Wrote: I just checked it out, no video,  I was just using water thru it and it was too hard too see (not much light by the sink).  I was able to go from just air, to a fine mist, to a heavy fog.  I'll see about getting some video tomorrow outside.

Try some food coloring in the water.

If I can't get good video out of it outside I'll try that.

As to the mag bases, I thought I posted it in Latest Delivery but just went back to look for it and it's not there. Anyway I got 8 bases, a dirty dial indicator on one of them, a set of gage blocks and a box of chuck keys. The on/off levers are stuck on a couple of them. I fixed one. I'm going to use one of the other stuck ones for this.

(09-11-2016, 10:23 PM)Vinny Wrote: If I can't get good video out of it outside I'll try that.

As to the mag bases, I thought I posted it in Latest Delivery but just went back to look for it and it's not there.  Anyway I got 8 bases, a dirty dial indicator on one of them, a set of gage blocks and a box of chuck keys.  The on/off levers are stuck on a couple of them.  I fixed one.  I'm going to use one of the other stuck ones for this.

Well ya know I just had to take advantage of the situation.   Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Vinny - 09-12-2016

Not the best video but here ya go...

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 09-16-2016

Last week I ordered some carbide inserts from ISI Direct, one of the ads on that site was for a small diameter boring bar that takes the CCMT 21.51 inserts. It was marketed by some company out of Hong Kong/China, as I've bought a few things from Hong Kong in the past, I said what the hell and ordered the 6 mm boring bar. They estimated a 3 week delivery, it came today.

Apparently either I read the ad wrong or was in a fresh baked ham coma, because its not what I ordered. I got set, a 7 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm and a 12 mm boring bars, with 10 generic CCMT 21.51 inserts. All for the $23.78, that included postage. Postage was a $1.05 from Taizhou China, the tag on the tube says Taizhou Lianggong NC tool Co, LTD

Obviously, I have no idea about the quality of the boring bars, the inserts are probably 1 step above compressed dirt, but the actual overall fit and finish is fabulous, they each came in a plastic tube, with a T8 flag wrench, for the insert screw. I went back and looked at the ad, it clearly says a set, but at the time, the ad looked different.

Hopefully these will work okay, I needed a small boring bar, I already had a 1/2" (roughly the same as the 12 mm), but the 3 smaller boring bars are good to have.

RE: Latest Delivery - the penguin - 09-16-2016

Vinny,

Do you have any idea about the fluid flow rate?

I've never used any kind of fluid, I just use compressed air. I have a couple of the Cedarberg magnetic bases and flex-hose and a small air regulator, just enough flow to move the chips out of the way. I set up a couple of small cardboard screens to deflect the chips to one area for easy clean up.

here is a picture of my set up