MetalworkingFun Forum
Latest Delivery - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Metalworking Discussion (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Latest Delivery (/thread-873.html)

RE: Latest Delivery - pepi - 06-28-2016

(06-22-2016, 01:56 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:27 PM)EdK Wrote: Got a small Wilton vise today. I plan on mounting it to some sort of plate that I can clamp down to the workbench and then put it back on the shelf when I'm done using it.

Ed

Ed, go back and search for Greg's receiver hitch set-up. I'm going to use his idea for a flat bar bender when I get finally a round-tuit.

The receiver hitch tool mount is very popular and a simple solution for a quick mount. However it will be a loose and sloppy mount.  Consider welding two nuts on the receiver to allow for some  jam bolts to lock things down. Or beef up and tighten the tollerances of the fixture to be slid into the receiver.

Food for though

Greg

RE: Latest Delivery - arvidj - 07-02-2016

I've wanted the Heavy Duty 20 TON Finger Brake for a while and a project that could rationalize having it [my rationalization - Bev's? - not so much  Smile ] finally came up. The package looks pretty beat up but all the pieces were still in the box. There is great secondary packaging inside the USPS box so everything was there. And even USPS has trouble damaging heavy steel.

I'll be putting it together and painting over the long weekend.

Sorry about the iPhone quality pictures. I'll use a better camera for the in-progress photos.

[attachment=13413]

[attachment=13414]

RE: Latest Delivery - TomG - 07-02-2016

I can't imagine what that package must weigh, so they probably tried to destroy it too get even with you. We'll expect a demo when you get it assembled. Thumbsup

Tom

RE: Latest Delivery - dallen - 07-02-2016

the post office really screwed up when they said if it fits it ships. I bought a 8 inch lathe chuck off of ebay one time guess how it was shipped.

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-02-2016

Those are just pics of a box.  No pics, didn't happen.

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 07-05-2016

Two items arrived yesterday, the first with thanks to Darren and I've already touched up the thread on the Unimat with it;
[attachment=13439]

The second from ebay to enhance my knowledge base before I attempt any of what the title says
[attachment=13440]

RE: Latest Delivery - Dr Stan - 07-07-2016

[Image: DSCN1623_zps73dn0whg.jpg]

Technically "used", but they never cut any metal.  $49.00 for the T-slot cutters and $14.70 for shipping or $63.70 total.  They have some surface rust and that's OK.  Bought them for a project which only calls for one size of cutter, but at the price the set was way cheaper than the needed cutter alone.

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 07-08-2016

These two boxes arrived from the other side of the country today:

[attachment=13446]

After a few minutes (they were very well put together), these were revealed:

[attachment=13447]
[attachment=13448]

Not a bad trade for a metric thread file - Thanks Pete Big Grin

Whilst I didn't get them for the cost of a thread file, I got them at a ridiculously low price, considering what I would pay new for this here in Australia.  I won't say how good a deal but good enough to make me feel slightly guilty.  OK - not for too long but guilty all the same.  Shipping was very reasonable as well, coming in at less than $0.04 per km.

[attachment=13449]

RE: Latest Delivery - Pete O - 07-08-2016

Glad the dividing head arrived safe and sound Darren- if not exactly in one piece! Looks like you've already done a bit of cleaning on it. Hope you figure out where all the bits go.
I'll be looking for a thread from you on making a replacement for the missing clip for the dividing fingers- the same part is missing from my universal and I need some inspiration. Big Grin

RE: Latest Delivery - Mayhem - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 07:12 AM)Pete O Wrote: ...Looks like you've already done a bit of cleaning on it...

Nope, just pulled it out of the box. I guess 3500 km of road rattles off some of the dust Big Grin