MetalworkingFun Forum
My week this week! My workshop videos! - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Shop Stuff (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: My week this week! My workshop videos! (/thread-4104.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 12-11-2021

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild.  mudguards sealed and painted, bonnet fit vastly improved, bonnet brackets made, and final welding on the front cowl. I discover that the bonnet catches have been mixed up, and get ready to rebuild all the riveted parts back onto the bonnet, and all in three days!
Phil, on cold and frosty mornings in East Yorkshire

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 12-18-2021

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild.  Part 31, in which I finalise the bonnet fitting, fit all the bonnet hardware and catches, and make the bonnet stays, and  discover that my tractor has three rear bonnet catch brackets, and only one front one! These little challenges are what life is all about! 
Phil, frost has turned to mist in East Yorkshire 
Have a good Christmas!! 

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 01-15-2022

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild PART 32 a NEW YEAR DAWNS AND i AM still ON THE TRACTOR! This week I am on with pedals, brake and clutch, and filler, filler and more filler Things go wrong, I make some saves, and the gopro fails to invert the image when some idiot holds the camera upside down. All probably because I hate winter
Phil, in Wintry cold but clear East Yorkshire.

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 01-22-2022

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. Part 33 In which I get all the small parts painted ready to reassemble the pedals and footboards, a short week but good progress, if you have lots of small and medium sized parts to paint, best hang the lot up and do them all at once with a spraygun, makes a better job, covers all the awkward shapes and then LEAVE THEM TO DRY! you know you'll make a mess if they are not hardened off!!
Phil, its bloody cold in East Yorkshire!

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 02-12-2022

A little tractor content, but mainly converting the first 8ft fluorescent fitting to led! Another week of distractions, emergencies, and fraught with stress and problems, I will tell you all about it when it is all over.......
Phil, in Bright,windy and cold East Yorkshire

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 02-19-2022

Back on the tractor, and more spare time as the house sale nears its end. On to filling and priming the panels, and stoppering to fill all the pesky blowholes in the filler, and all the bits I missed! My least favourite part of the job, as it takes patience, and whilst I can display endless patience with rebuilding anything mechanical or electrical, because it is interesting, the same does not apply to refinishing, so my method is shortest possible route to a durable and acceptable shine!
Phil, in easterly gale East Yorkshire

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 02-26-2022

I make a start on the final peices of the Fordson jigsaw, get the bonnet and front cowl into red lead and grey primer, and start to deal with the massively oval holes on the tow hitch! Keeps me out of mischief!
Phil, Spring is almost here in East Yorkshire

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 03-05-2022

Another short video detailing more of what I didn't get done than showing what I did! Sometimes we are swept forward by the tide of events, sometimes back! This week it was definitely back! I challenge you to watch and enjoy! Normal service will be resumed ASAP. At least it is officially SPRING!! That would be why the rain is Warmer in East Yorkshire!
Phil.

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 03-19-2022

First job I get on with the tow hitch repairs, fitting the bushes I made last week into the badly worn oval holes and welding them in, and then pad welding the pins, and also the holes in the plates that the hitch attaches to, and then PAINT!! I get everything that is left to paint cleaned up, primed up and painted, and don't it look sweet!

Phil, Bright and sunny with a chill breeze in East Yorkshire

RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - hermetic - 03-26-2022

I finish rebuilding the three point linkage and the towhitch, and start the electrics and dashboard, as soon as i get the regulator sorted and refitted, along with the wiring harness, the only job left will be to paint the rear wheels!
Happy Daze
Phil in really very hot East Yorkshire!